Jba header o2 sensor question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kgibson1315

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I purchased the jba long tubes and it came with 2 o2 sensor extensions. Do I need to purchase 2 more extensions? Thanks

Cowdog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I had too
More than likely you’re gonna throw a code if not let me know or how you fixed the problem
I built my own Y pipe (no cats) but put bungs same distance away as stock

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DILLIGAF

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
They delete the O2 in the custom tune. So I just used what was in the kit as it just for show...lol...

RedSRT4Me

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 CC Sport
Engine
I purchased the jba long tubes and it came with 2 o2 sensor extensions. Do I need to purchase 2 more extensions? Thanks

No the extensions are for your after cat downstream O2 sensor locations. The upstream O2 sensor should install into the collector without issue.

OP
OP
Kgibson1315

Kgibson1315

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
They delete the O2 in the custom tune. So I just used what was in the kit as it just for show...lol...

Does it matter where each o2 sensor is used or do all 4 function the same no matter where they are put?

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Does it matter where each o2 sensor is used or do all 4 function the same no matter where they are put?

Keep track of where they go,you'll also want the back ones plugged in,you can tie them up to the tranny so they're out of the way,but odds are even if you delete them in your tune,it'll still throw a code if they aren't physically plugged in.They don't need to be in the pipes,just plugged in

OP
OP
Kgibson1315

Kgibson1315

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Keep track of where they go,you'll also want the back ones plugged in,you can tie them up to the tranny so they're out of the way,but odds are even if you delete them in your tune,it'll still throw a code if they aren't physically plugged in.They don't need to be in the pipes,just plugged in

Too late for that, all I know is 2 sensors have white plugs and 2 with black plugs. I did load the custom tune Hemifever sent, but not sure what all is deleted in the tune.

OP
OP
Kgibson1315

Kgibson1315

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
After researching some more I installed all 4 o2 sensors and only plugged in the 2 upstream sensors. I believe the downstream sensors were removed anyway with my new tune.

Dan98

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
If o2 is deleted than there should be no need to plug in. You should not get codes either. Downstream sensor is the one that causes limp if unplugged and un deleted. The one down stream or after cat reads 02 on 4 sensor system 2 sensor system they read heat 02 and time. Cat or no cat wont code for smog just reading issue voltage temp or open circuit.

Sent from my SM-J260A using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Kgibson1315

Kgibson1315

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If o2 is deleted than there should be no need to plug in. You should not get codes either. Downstream sensor is the one that causes limp if unplugged and un deleted. The one down stream or after cat reads 02 on 4 sensor system 2 sensor system they read heat 02 and time. Cat or no cat wont code for smog just reading issue voltage temp or open circuit.

Sent from my SM-J260A using Tapatalk

I just screwed the 2 downstream sensor in the y-pipe holes and left unplugged since I didnt have extensions anyway.