Jba headers w magnaflow x muffler

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bctexascrazy1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hey guys I'm bout to bite the bullet and get the stainless jba long tubes for my 15' ram sport. As of now it only has the mufflex 14" muffler and vararam intake. The jba headers I hear are good but only thing is they don't make a y pipe for the 8 speeds, but I'm going cat less on my truck anyways. I'm thinking of just coming off the headers and running 2.5" dual pipes to the 18" magnaflow muffler with built in x to the factory tails. Eliminates the use of having the x welded in. Any suggestions?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 360

sicmadek

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 express qc
Engine
hemi 5.7
Hey guys I'm bout to bite the bullet and get the stainless jba long tubes for my 15' ram sport. As of now it only has the mufflex 14" muffler and vararam intake. The jba headers I hear are good but only thing is they don't make a y pipe for the 8 speeds, but I'm going cat less on my truck anyways. I'm thinking of just coming off the headers and running 2.5" dual pipes to the 18" magnaflow muffler with built in x to the factory tails. Eliminates the use of having the x welded in. Any suggestions?

Me and 2 other trucks that i know of have the mf tru x muffler. We also have no cats and true duals. It sounds amazing!

BigChief

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It would be great to see a build happen in this thread. I'd be thankful for the info.

mhb1638

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've been wanting to do this since the beginning...use a true X muffler...and some sort of header

OP
OP
B

Bctexascrazy1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Well when I get a little more cash I will update you all on it and post some clips of it, my only problem is all my local muffler shops don't have mandrel benders and very little stainless piping. But I could order a kit off jegs and take that to them.

wickedwhite2012

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Does anyone have a video and a picture of the y pipe that has been made on their 8 speed? I'm about to do the same. Headers will be here this week and exhaust shop next. Was thinking about the magnaflow mufflers with no cats. Would like to hear it

wickedwhite2012

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Me and 2 other trucks that i know of have the mf tru x muffler. We also have no cats and true duals. It sounds amazing!

Can we get a video of your truck. I'm thinking about doing the same to mine. I would like to hear it if you could