Just bad

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thumperpa

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 QCSB 2WD
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well I've meet some cool people on this site and gained a ton of knowledge for my build but my build has came to a screaming stop I was hurt badly while looking at a house to buy with my wife the whole basement steps calapsed on to me and I know have a long miserable road ahead of me I have a series of 4 surgeries done on my right ankle first is go in take out dead and shattered bone fragments then put my leg in a halo device for 3 months go back in have device removed and the reconstruction of hardware starts and halo goes back on for four months this time then if all goes good the third surgery will complete everything and halo goes back on for 8 months and all this time is non weight bearing and in a wheelchair. So my hopes and dreams are destroyed being I won't be able to wrench and financially I'm freaking out I might have to sell the truck I'm just overly depressed and feel bad bringing that here but maybe someone can help me out somehow or maybe I make someone feel a lil better about there situation. And worst is my right hand helper my lil boy and he don't understand yet oh well enough bumming folks out just cherish what you have

Cwbys54

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Prayers go out to you and your family. Hope for a speedy recovery.

mtofell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Wow man, so sorry to hear this. Life works in mysterious ways and often doesn't make any sense at all. I went through a stress fractured foot 2X then surgery for a third time being laid up. Of course, this is nothing like you describe but I do have a glimpse into what you are facing.

Trucks are just trucks and don't mean a thing in the whole grand scheme. Your little boy will likely not understand some of the things going on but will enjoy seeing more of you, no doubt. Use that as your strength and motivation.

Best of luck with everything and let us know how you are doing.

develand

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
No offense, but if you feel all hope is lost, you have already lost the battle of healing.

Keeping a positive attitude goes a LONG way in healing faster. Sure, you can't work on your truck and thing may get hard, but that just means you need to buckle down and focus even more. You are alive and still able to be with your family, I would call that a win.

Have to see the positive even when it is hard to see.

Ok, I will get off the soap box now and hope all ends well.

Last edited:

TruckNut

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Oh man------I see a settlement coming to you. Hopefully that will carry you over while you heal. So sorry to hear about this. Get well soon!!!!

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Lonestar Edition converted over to a Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Wow, I am so sorry. I am praying for you and your family.

joepizuro

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum v10
Keep your head up. You WILL get better!

Hans Gruber

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Terrible news. But stay strong man. The human body can bounce back pretty damn well, particularly if you have the right attitude about it. Not going to say this isn't awful, though.

Obviously you need to explore your legal options against responsible parties to make sure your medical care and lost wages are taken care of.

Take care.

Padilen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Feel free to vent here! Your allowed to feel down. But do not stay there. As develand said you need to stay positive.
Watch your little boy and be amazed your learn a lot !

OP
OP
thumperpa

thumperpa

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 QCSB 2WD
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks guys

Thank you for the kind words and though it's hard to not be down I never will let myself be consumed by it I'll be doing what I want to be in no time. The settlement end me and the wife just wanted medical bills paid and the siblings that are the heirs to the estate the house we were looking at got real ****** with my wife and told her to take everything up with there attorney so at that point I had to get myself represented I was more worried about medical bills getting kicked back to me that my insurance wouldn't cover and I have good credit and didn't want the medical bills messing it up. So yes I'm represented by a good attorney and I have probably one of the best foot and ankle surgeons doing my surgeries so I have a good shot at getting back on my feet. And I'll fight and never get down especially in front of my boy I just feel like hell not being able to run around and play with him. Mental tuffness is probably the hardest thing to have or do not many people can keep themselves together in difficult situations but I'm giving it hell and thanks again once I'm able I'll get my mod's done to the truck and post them on this thread as a timeline type thing it will be awhile but it will work out

CMil527

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 RAM 1500 LARAMIE-CC
Engine
5.7 Hemi
sorry to hear man, thoughts and prayers sent you way!

U&A

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 3500 SRW
Engine
6.4 HEMI
I cant imagine doing that and putting my 1 year old son through the confusion. im so sorry bud.

U&A

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 3500 SRW
Engine
6.4 HEMI
on a side note. get your money out of it. stay in the fight.

MR.Z06

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Why would you have to sell your truck? Don't you have health insurance? If you were in a stable enough financial position to buy a house, you should be fine.
Still not sure when all this happened. Did you already have these 4 surgeries or they are planned?
I mean if this JUST happened shouldn't you be consulting a lawyer before talking about it online? If this happened long enough ago that you've had time to have 4 surgeries you should have some indication on the settlement, right?

I hope things work out and you get to keep the truck but on the bright side at least you still have your son. In the grand scheme of things what's one truck.
Good luck man, physical therapy is a *****.

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
best of luck man, wishing you the very best!

NeverGiveUp.jpg

baum

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
BE AWARE of what you put on social media as lawyers scour them now days to prove you wrong.

gofishn

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 5th Gen, Big Horn, 4X4, Crew Cab, 6'4" Box
Engine
hemi 5.7L, 345 cu in
BE AWARE of what you put on social media as lawyers scour them now days to prove you wrong.

Agreed. Nothing goes on the internet that you would not want to show up, in court, someday.

Take care of yourself. Forget the Medical bills, that stuff always gets sorted out and credit can be rebuilt, rather easily.

Upside is you have bountiful moments to spend with your son and family. They don't care if you can catch the ball or toss the fishing line in the water, they just want to be near you and know you are paying attention, to them.

Good time to catch up on some books you've been meaning to read too.

Only you can control your Emotional State but your Emotional State can and will affect those around you. Enjoy the time you have been given to enjoy that which is worth enjoying.

twodips

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic
Engine
HEMI 5.7
That just sucks! Having been in your position for about 16 years now I can tell you it will get better as long as you don't let it get the best of you. You will adapt and learn to deal with any limitations.
Given the homeowners stance I'd go after 'em no holds barred. Someone had to know those steps were bad before you got there.

Hans Gruber

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Why would you have to sell your truck? Don't you have health insurance? If you were in a stable enough financial position to buy a house, you should be fine.
Still not sure when all this happened. Did you already have these 4 surgeries or they are planned?
I mean if this JUST happened shouldn't you be consulting a lawyer before talking about it online? If this happened long enough ago that you've had time to have 4 surgeries you should have some indication on the settlement, right?

I hope things work out and you get to keep the truck but on the bright side at least you still have your son. In the grand scheme of things what's one truck.
Good luck man, physical therapy is a *****.

Deductibles get higher and higher. A lot of times you're looking at 5k or 10k out of pocket every year to reach out-of-pocket maximums. Combine that with loss of income and you can see why he is under stress.

He should, if he hasn't already, look at the maximum out of cost for his current plan and when the year rolls over. This will give him an idea of potential costs he'll be responsible for going forward.