Just bought a cordless impact!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Farmer888

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Hey everyone, Been wanting a high toque cordless impact for a while now, Finally pulled the trigger and picked up a Milwaukee 2767 high torque with 2 batteries and a charger. Was a tough decision and was tempted to get the ingersoll rand w7152 since it does have a few nice features but IR doesn't really have a tool lineup other than that.
So I picked the Milwaukee since I'd like to get some other cordless tools in the future.

I work with farm equipment etc so I wanted the high torque. Haven't really tried it other than my lug nuts just to test it out.

Anyway just wanted to share
Whats everyone else have for cordless tools?

dls56

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I have Makita cordless, brushless tools, used for carpentry work. Milwaukie makes great cordless stuff the plumbers and electricians I work with have them.
Still using the old school click type torque wrench for my mechanic needs.

Tumbleweed

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I bought a Milwaukee 2763-22 M 18 impact gun.My motorhome had a tire problem and I took it to a tire shop to get fixed. I had the shop use the same tools I would use on the side of the road changing a tire. It worked flawlessly, removing and replacing the lug nuts. I have a 450 ft. lb. torque stick to ensure the proper torque. Very pleased with the setup.

sstumpf

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I've got milwaukee for all my cordless tools. Have some m12 and a lot of m18. Always work great, and have a great warranty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I have the Craftsman 19.2v impact. Same Li-ion battery powers a **** ton of other stuff that I have, like drills, right angle drill, sawzall, circular saw, sander, various lights, leaf blower, weed wacker, etc.

Tim Garceau

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Sport Quad BSP
Engine
3.92 8 Speed 5.7 4X4
I’ve had the 2622 for about 5 years now, same set of batteries and use it frequently. Still zaps off the 36mm 250 ft-lb axle nuts on the front ends of these trucks with ease.

Electric tools have come a long way where no more hose and pumping into air compressors are necessary, MKE does it best.

smurfs_of_war

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Bosch, Milwaukee and DeWalt. Almost everything in my carpentry stable is DeWalt with some Bosch. I have a mix of DeWalt and Milwaukee on my service truck- Milwaukee grinder, drill, sawzall, DeWalt 1/2", 3/8", 1/4" brushless impacts- no issues with any of them. Been contemplating a DeWalt 20v 3/4" impact next. The 1/2" XR is a beast, I have high hopes based on reviews for the 3/4" too.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Purplert

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yep I use exclusively Milwaukee cordless both M12 and M18 stuff.. no reason for me to turn on a noisy compressor and wait until it fills up anymore just grab a battery (probably have 8-10) and have at it. Even though I don’t use them on a daily basis.

JohnnyMac

There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500 Laramie
Engine
3.0 EcoBurner
Another Milwaukee fan here. I have the M12 Impact and it is surprisingly powerful. I got it to use when I installed my lift kit and it made the job tremendously easier. I also don't dread rotating tires now. I roll the floor jack out, lift one side of the vehicle, bod-a-bing bod-a-boom whip both wheels off and swap them out lickety split. Only caveat, is that the regular sized M12 batteries reduce the power significantly. I'm sure the M18 is a heavier duty setup, but the lighter weight and smaller size make the M12 fit in tight spaces much easier.

chri5k

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel
I love my DeWalt 1/2 inch cordless impact driver. The 5Ah battery seems to hold a charge forever and I have not found a nut or bolt on either of the tractors i work that it will not take off. Need to be careful on log nuts as it will shear them off when set to high. I set it to medium when I do lug nuts.

rule18

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Rebel
DeWalt 1/2" impact with the 20v battery works well so far (had it for about 4 months).

cheffrank_357

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hem 5.7
Been doing mechanicing work for a long time. Nothing serious just weekends under the tree stuff
Just got an impact driver 2 months ago..whoa! Betty! I cant believe how much easier everything has been! I should have pulled the trigger years ago! 100 bucks! Cheap i got the Milwaukee. Makes life so easy.. Been working on my little daily driver doing stupid stuff lile brakes. Motor mounts all the bolts up above to get to it. Lug nuts come right off.... Ive jacked it up and worked on it every weekend this month. But alas i blew it up last night
So gotta start driving the truck so well see how it goes pulling a motor out and installing a new one (maybe?) If o had known i would have gotten one a few years back...

Sent from my LM-Q710(FGN) using Tapatalk

OP
OP
F

Farmer888

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I want to get either a 3/8 m18 or maybe the m12 fuel stubby next for tighter areas. The high torque 1/2 is a beast from the small amount I've used it so far but too big to get in a lot of areas on vehicles.

And probably get a 4 1/2" fuel grinder too but can only spend so much at once lol

Dodge 1500 4X4

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hay all, I have a variety of cordless tools, Dewalt 1/4in Impact, Ryobi 1 plus 1/4 in Impact
and Makita 1/2 Driver drill, I think Milwaulkee makes the best power tools. Ryobi is back with the 1 plus Lithium -ion 18v system, Its working great for me on engine tear downs.

46RamMan

U.S. Navy Veteran
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I personally still use the puffer impacts.. I have a 1/2" air impact that is 45 years old and going strong along with two 3/8 air ratchets and a 1/4" butterfly air impact almost as old.. They will last a life time if properly maintained.. I would be surprised if the electric will do that. besides there is nothing like the sound of an air impact bustin loose lug nuts... :893Chainsaw-Smilie- brap brap brap !!!!!:cheers:

BWL

Embrace the skeptisism
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I'm all cordless now. Mix of milwaukee and ryobi. The milwaukee fuel stuff is impressive so all my mega use cordless tools are milwaukee fuel 1/2"and 1/4" impact, grinder and drill. Probably get the 5" skilsaw next. The rest are ryobi including my new grease gun. Their protection circuitry is less picky in the extreme cold and I have a ryobi 1/2" impact for lighter duty impact jobs because the milwaukee is a nut busting monster and a lot heavier especially with the 9.0ah battery I have on it.

RVGuy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I love Milwaukee! I used to be a DeWalt guy but after going through drills like they were going out of style back when I did residential construction I changed. Bought Milwaukee on a whim because it was on sale and never looked back. I've got the Fuel M18 drill, M12 drill and impact driver, M12 3/8 ratchet. I used to have the impact wrench but lost it in a fire when the shop I worked at went up in flames.
It's on my list of things to buy, but it's at the bottom until my pneumatic impact bites it. Even then I might just get another pneumatic since a nice Chicago is $160 and the mid-torque Milwaukee is $250 plus I'd need to get a higher capacity battery for it. It's a toss up, I can get a good compressor for my pneumatic at home for the price of the Milwaukee and battery, then I can use all my other air tools at home too instead of having to go to the shop on the weekend.
If I won the lottery you can bet there'd be a complete set of Milwaukee cordless tools in my garage though.

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Can’t go wrong with Milwaukee. I have a few of the Milwaukee fuel tools, drill, impact, jig saw, grease gun. But mainly air tools

7fe11181fd1fa54f28cc0fa56a1a6e00.jpg

If you got enough time to keep your bench that clean you ain't busy enough--LOL
Jay