Just Checking in My 2005 Daytona 4x4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

azsoccerpop

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
daytona.jpg I just wanted to say hey. I bought a 2005 Dodge Daytona 4x4 here in AZ in 2007 with 16000 miles on it. It is still my daily driver today after raising 4 children with all of the trips, youth sports, moving and over 327000 miles on the original motor and transmission. The only time I ever got stuck was when the fuel pump went out at 220000. She could use a new set of valve guides in the number 6 cylinder and burns about a quart a month but it never fails to start or pass when I need it to. This past year I bought a small bass boat and my Orange Crate pulled that boat like it was not even there. Nio intention of selling but I may rebuild here at 500k.

Best Vehicle I have ever owned. I would post more pictures but the old girl has some battle scars and that's her best side...:)

Last edited:

Rodhateshisram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
How ya doing soccer pop? I have a question you might be able to help with. My wife and I bought an 05 short bed 2 door Daytona truck last year. The thing that is bugging me, besides all the things wrong with this particular truck, is the vin #. Does your vin have the build # for the Daytona package in it? I’m curious because it says on the dash that it’s 085000 something, but everything about this vehicle is saying it’s not even a two door. I was not told that it was salvaged or ever wrecked, so I thought I would ask someone else who owned one. I appreciate any input from you or anyone else that might know something.

MK82

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 HO Cummins
You should have a plaque in the center of the dash with your production number. I'll post pics in a bit. If I recall correctly (providing you have a copperhead truck) Daytonas were the only trucks they painted that color that year. (Please correct me if I'm wrong.) Daytonas were only offered in silver or copperhead, So check your paint code. If it's silver it will be much harder to distinguish as any ram could be had with that color. They only made 5k Daytonas, and I don't believe there was any indication in the VIN, it just read as a 1500 hemi. It's another reason the value didn't hold well with these special units cause there is no definite way to tell from the Vin. Ironically enough it's the same way with the 69-70 winged cars.

Now here's the crap part about it... Chrysler did not keep records or good records anyway of how many they ACTUALLY made. And the serial numbers on the dash plaques I have been told we're not sequential. So while they said there were only 5k manufactured...only for 05. Silver was the rarer of the colors, with silver 2wd qc being the rarest of the combinations. They all had hemis and they all had 3.92 rearends. some of the serial numbers might read over that (i.e. #1345 might be made after #4200 or they may have never made a plaque with #1600 but did make one that was #5200). I know the rumble bee guys are really pissed about this cause it hurts the values of what would be really cool rare trucks.

Other things to look for, if it doesn't have a wing... check under the bed rail at the back to see If there is a hole to mount the wing. Mine was bondoed over at some point but you could still feel the hole on the bottom under the bed rail. If you don't have the bumper spoilers check to see if there are holes there for them... the interior trim should match the body color (silver or orange). Should have dual tip exhaust on the passenger side exit. Rumble bees, and sports only had one tip. I can't think of anything else right off hand...

Good luck man, super cool trucks! I miss mine...

Matt

MK82

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 HO Cummins
Here is my Daytona, I bought her and she had been rode hard and put up wet, in 2016. 2wd, 127k on the clock, had a bad injector and wouldnt crank all the time on the first turn of the key, sometimes it was several times lol. missing the wing, damaged running boards, bad exhaust hangers, fogged up headlights, bad tires, she was a basket case. I drove her daily, put new injectors, coils, plugs, wires, etc (basically the 1st tune up it had ever had) new tires, found a set of the tail light grilles and the chrome fuel door that it originally came with. i looked forever for a wing, and the ground effects. They are super expensive providing you can actually find them and shipping costs are a few hundred bucks if its not within a reasonable driving distance. Afterwards she ran like a scalded dog. so much fun to drive. Really good looking trucks, id love to find another complete one one day. #2499, allegedly the last one of the 1st half of production, but again as i stated earlier, serial numbers didnt really mean much *whomp* ( i had a flat the night before i took these pics, the other flower power wheel is in the bed lol)
20170908_150125[1].jpg20170908_150139[1].jpg20170908_150151[1].jpg20170908_150205[1].jpg20170908_150605[1].jpg20170908_150421[1].jpg

Pjrcmr

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003, 2005
Engine
4.7, 5.7
We just found one! Will pick it up in a few days. More details to follow.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220418-180741_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20220418-180741_Facebook.jpg
    166.3 KB · Views: 1

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
radikio