Just got Alpha OBD, have some questions about what features I can add and how to add them.

G-Ride990

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
TOTM Staff
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
i have a 2019 classis express with 5.7 Hemi 8spd trans what can i change or add with a alpha odb Ie alarm settings rain sensor mirrors and audio? these are things i would like to add ! will i need dealer codes?

Post 1 has all the info you need

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
i have a 2019 classis express with 5.7 Hemi 8spd trans what can i change or add with a alpha odb Ie alarm settings rain sensor mirrors and audio? these are things i would like to add ! will i need dealer codes?
Go read through the first post of this thread: https://www.ramforum.com/threads/alfaobd.123982/
Some things have changed but pretty much the what and how of making changes are still the same.

PaleFlyer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Isn't there a weather alerts on off thing in the nav menu?I haven't noticed any settings for fan temp or active shutters.for the most part if you have a loaded truck other than tire size,tpms,axle ratio and a few other things I think thats it with alpha obd.its awesome for us with a tradesman or express though.
As someone with a Rebel, which seems to be a "loaded" truck... I'm still looking at Alfa (or a competitor) to be able to do things. RAM (Fiat/Chrysler) really missed the ball on things we should be able to do in our trucks IMHO. I actually wish I had started with Alfa, instead of starting with LED's, as I feel dumb for buying all these CANBUS compatible LED's (they add a resistor IN the plug area, so extra heat IN the plug itself to "trick" the CANBUS system, by increasing the power draw to be equivalent to the old Halogen/Incandescent bulbs). If I had started with Alfa, I could have just set LED mode, and bought cheaper LED's.

They "want" us to come in for them to do the work (which I understand from a business perspective), but from what I have heard, most of the dealers can't/won't do half the stuff we know is possible. (IE basically help us take a base/lower model truck, and convert it to a higher model.) And GM is no better from my sister trying to get Tow Mirrors on her Sierra. (She has auto folder standards, but they tell her she can't have auto folder tows, which they actually seem to have, unlike RAM.)