Just installed power wire & tranny boost

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sullivan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I just bought the resistors today, and im going out for a test drive and to chill with a friend. Will report back with results.

OP
OP
sullivan

sullivan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Ok I just got home from the test run, these two resistors made a huge difference.

To describe it best there seemed to be more throttle through out all 5 gears. I can definitely tell there is more torque being put out of the transmission.

I happen to have a bunch of these resistors if anyone wants to try this out.

Last edited:

KGBIGCOUNTRY

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 RCSB/2005 QCSB
Engine
5.7 / 5.7
Tyler make sure you solder the one for the trans and also heat shrink it. If the connection gets wet of frays you will have alot of trans issues.

truckin151

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 sport
Engine
Also, reset the PCM/TCM pull the battery cable. And with the line booster, DO NOT go WOT for the first 50miles or so, it needs to relearn the added pressures after the reset, longer if you didnt do the reset, going WOT after just adding it will cause it to seem like its missing a gear and it wont drive right.

HemiBabe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Interesting..... does it shift harder as if there were a shift kit in there?

truckin151

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 sport
Engine
At first it does, but mellows out by like half after it learns. I like it now that it is working right and it shifts firmer.

rocket

Licensed Dynacologist
Reaction score
Ram Year
was 2006
Engine
was a HEMI 5.7
Guess if he is gonna give them away, anyone want mine? i have a half dozen already made,shrink wrapped and soldered. Ya could throw me a few bucks for the effort,lol. j/king kinda. but back on topic, I noticed a difference as well, I did the pcm thng and batt. un plug, but I didn't know about not going wot. Glad I didn't.

swamp_life hemi 05

Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ok..... Sorry for being in uneducated about this but how does this work? How easy is it to install and are there any pics? If this is beneficial then ill take one!

Incredible 2 on the move!

rocket

Licensed Dynacologist
Reaction score
Ram Year
was 2006
Engine
was a HEMI 5.7
Ok..... Sorry for being in uneducated about this but how does this work? How easy is it to install and are there any pics? If this is beneficial then ill take one!

They fool the pcm into reading a cooler air temperature than what is actually being drawn into the motor The misread by the pcm allows nore fuel into the motor. especially at wot.

a1power.jpg

swamp_life hemi 05

Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
They fool the pcm into reading a cooler air temperature than what is actually being drawn into the motor The misread by the pcm allows nore fuel into the motor. especially at wot.

a1power.jpg

Ok kool ill take one! Lol sounds cool

truckin151

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 sport
Engine
The powerwire is fine to go wot with after install, its the trans resistor that you need to wait for it to learn.

ralaubach

Reaction score
Ram Year
2007 Ram QC
Engine
hemi 5.7
well seeing as i dont have the tools or the time right now to make my own boost line. where are you guys finding the Tranny boost line for sale online?

OP
OP
sullivan

sullivan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Ive seen a huge increase in gas mileage guys. Reading just under 15mpg in the city with some not so granny driving.

truckin151

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 sport
Engine
Ive seen a huge increase in gas mileage guys. Reading just under 15mpg in the city with some not so granny driving.

How much are you considering a gain?

The Powerwire causes you to run richer and adds more fuel, so that wont help your mpgs you either stay the same or take a small hit, The trans booster might add a little, but your small amounts, no more than a CAI so 0-1+/-

Mine gave me 0 gains in the mpg department.

NJDodger

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
My Powerwire gave me no noticeable gains in fuel econ or power. But then again you're talking maybe what? 5HP at WOT can be gained by something like this and that wouldn't be noticeable. I can't see it being much more than that since the manufacturer wouldn't lean out the mixture that much out of fear of detonation. But added together with other mods I guess it does help wring out the most power without tearing into the motor.