Just Switched From Ford

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JLindsay32

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just wanted to introduce myself, the names Josh. I am from Humble, TX but am a senior at The University of Colorado in Boulder, CO. I just picked up a used 2012 Ram 1500 SLT after driving my 04 Ford F150 FX4 for 5 years. I did a ton of work to it and was sad to see it go, but at 10 years old, and with 112,000 miles I decided to find something newer with less mileage. I was a member of a couple forums related to that and figured there was no better way to start the new process with my new addition than to find a forum to help me along the journey of building this one up! I will have a build thread up in the 4th Gen Section, I look forward to learning and hopefully helping others in my time here at RamForum!

Go Buffs!

Danimal77

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Welcome aboard man. Let's see some pics of the new Ram.

Statcher1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Welcome aboard. Congrats on the new Ram

Sent from the Rocket in my Pocket

AnimalYates

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Welcome man. I switched from a GMC and haven't been disappointed a bit. You made a good choice.

HEMI R/T 14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Your story sounds similar to mine as a former Ford owner. And I agree that joining a good online forum is definitely one of the best ways to learn about a vehicle.

Anyway, I'm so new here that it seems kinda funny saying it, but Welcome!

1ATony

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
:welcome:

Tony

BoldAdventure

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I almost bought a Ford, glad I didn't. Welcome aboard! You'll fall more in love with your Ram every day.

Kidder

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7, eTorque
Just wanted to introduce myself, the names Josh. I am from Humble, TX but am a senior at The University of Colorado in Boulder, CO. I just picked up a used 2012 Ram 1500 SLT after driving my 04 Ford F150 FX4 for 5 years. I did a ton of work to it and was sad to see it go, but at 10 years old, and with 112,000 miles I decided to find something newer with less mileage. I was a member of a couple forums related to that and figured there was no better way to start the new process with my new addition than to find a forum to help me along the journey of building this one up! I will have a build thread up in the 4th Gen Section, I look forward to learning and hopefully helping others in my time here at RamForum!

Go Buffs!

So, to be clear, you got rid of the truck because you thought it had high miles at 112,000? True?

OP
OP
J

JLindsay32

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So, to be clear, you got rid of the truck because you thought it had high miles at 112,000? True?

Just saw this, but not quite. I wouldn't say it had "high" miles, but it had been rode hard. At 10 years old and after doing lots of mudding, towing boats, etc.. It needed about $4,000 of work including but not limited to, new brake assembly in the front, upper and lower control arms in the front, tie rods, new ball joints all around, etc... Therefore I made the decision to trade it in vs. putting the money in to it all at once, + the inevitable costs that were coming!

I look forward to building this one and have enjoyed it so far!

Brody57

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm a GM guy that has come to the dark side so I know how you feel! Welcome brother.