K2 motor or other headlight suggestions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

maso

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I recently got a 2012 Ram 1500 Quad express. Im interested in trying the whole black on white theme for it. I want to get some smoked led tails, and somehow change the headlights to be black. I came across the K2 motor site, and they had some smoked or black headlight casings that use the factory bulbs. Has anyone tried these before? Are they good quality? They seem real cheap in price. How does a smoked casing effect the light at night?

Any other suggestions for affordable headlights or led tails smoked tails?

Thanks!

Vendor
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Laramie Sport Crew, 2019 1500 Big Horn Sport Crew & 2016 Charger SRT Hellcat
Engine
2x 5.7L & 6.2L
someone rang? :D

K2 - I've read from a few guys here that they didn't last a week before leaking.........which really sucks - they are a good looking and cheap light!

Take a look at my site - RetroShop.us and let me know if there's anything I can help you out with!

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
^^^^
him.....he does great work, plus save your money and upgrade to projectors(the stock light output absolutely blows)

OP
OP
M

maso

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I do like JJ's stuff.

Sir, I see it's $75 for I assume a pair? Can I get those smoked dark for a price? Or would you recommend a LED pair if I want them dark?

Thanks!

Vendor
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Laramie Sport Crew, 2019 1500 Big Horn Sport Crew & 2016 Charger SRT Hellcat
Engine
2x 5.7L & 6.2L
I do like JJ's stuff.

Sir, I see it's $75 for I assume a pair? Can I get those smoked dark for a price? Or would you recommend a LED pair if I want them dark?

Thanks!

On the tails, normal pricing is $79.95 for the tails (plus $20 shipping). That would cover any level of darkness that you want. It assumes that you'd ship me your tails - but I have core lights here to use if needed (a refundable core fee would be applied).

LEDs - here's my thoughts on them.......they are great - but if you are wanting to go REALLY dark.......you may want to just step up and get a set of LED tails to start with. A set of "blacked out" LED tails (with a clear lens) doesn't take a lot of paint to REALLY darken them up, and still retain some light output.

Costs?

Well......a new set of LED tails would run ~ $200. Add in tint and shipping, you are right at $300. I'm doing a 7.4% off sale right now for July 4th - it would apply too (if ordered by Sunday night). :party52: