Keep or disable DRL?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mdk2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L V8 Hemi
I can't decide if I want to keep or disable the amber/orange daytime running lights on my all black 2018 sport. What is people's opinion on them? Necessary, unnecessary?

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
HEMI 5.7 Revolution 4.88s
You have a picture of them on? I don't like amber anything so if it was up to me I would either turn them off or switch the leds for white ones if you can

RamDiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I can't decide if I want to keep or disable the amber/orange daytime running lights on my all black 2018 sport. What is people's opinion on them? Necessary, unnecessary?

On my last truck, 07 Tundra Limited, I kept all the lights on, always. You could just set the light switch to on, and the lights would be switched with the ignition.

My Ram doesn't have that feature and I find turning the lights on & off with every start too tedious.
Whenever I take my next big road trip, I'm contemplating covering the light sensor to force all the lights on. I'm not sure if the dash lights in night mode are bright enough even when cranked up.

Basically, I want to be seen on the road. I don't trust too many other drivers. Do you? :cool:

At least the amber lights are relatively obvious to oncoming traffic.

YMMV

Last edited:

Socalramfan

Supporting Member
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Big Horn
Engine
As mentioned above, I keep the lights on all the time.

It totally amazes me how someone can’t see an large truck etc in the lane next to them, coming down the road etc.

Next up for me……. Air Horns :waytogo:

Black with amber lights…… I like. Not true with all colors.

pic of yours?

LumberJakl

Reaction score
Ram Year
'17 Sport QC
Engine
5.7L 4x4
In Canada, its by law that you need DRL so I would check your state to see what they require. You could just go rogue and have it off, but like @Socalramfan mentioned - its pretty amazing how people cannot see big trucks. I love the DRL on the highway because people that are on-coming traffic trying to pass people can see your DRL at a far distance

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
They're required by law up here, but I love the amber
That's what I thought, Canadian registered trucks required to have DRL's active.