Key fob question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lt-_-Payne

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hello everyone, new user here. I am working on a few modifications to my 2012 ram 1500, 5.7 hemi and I have a question my GoogleFu can't seem to find an answer for. I am going to install a QTP aggressor cut out for my exhaust. It has an option for a wireless controller that comes with its own fob. In short can I make my existing fob work with two new buttons. Can I change programming on the fob or the truck to learn two new buttons? At the moment I have a standard fob, panic, lock, and unlock. If it was possible I could tie in my plug n play remote start which works by locking the truck 4 times.

Any help is appreciated.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
Do you use your 3 overhead buttons, that are used for Garage Doors & Gates ?

OP
OP
L

Lt-_-Payne

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I do not have those, theres nothing overhead (no lights or buttons), if i recall its an express (crew cab, 2wd). I don't even have steering wheel controls or additional auxiliary buttons in the dash. I was also looking for a spare oem button or two so I could possibly wire it to a open push button near my hazard/tow ones in the console (to keep it looking stock). But that's near impossible to find a oem row of buttons, old eBay links have plagued me today.

DMartin27

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
If a fob has lost its magnification, and it’s done for, there is no way to bypass the fob correct? And if the ignition is bad you can’t just get a scrap ignition just like your own and install it right?