Key Remote Door Locks Inop 06 2500 Cummings

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

french69ssrs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummings
Hi All
I have a 2006 Ram 2500 Cummings and the Ignition Key Remote for the Door Locks do not Operate, Both of Them, I have 2.
I changed the Batteries, and stood in Front of the truck and they Do not work.

Is there a Fuse for the Operation of the Door Lock Remotes or am I Into something More involved ?
Thanks
Timmy

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
What's a 'cummings'?
When you changed the batteries in the fobs, did you ensure the new one went in the correct way? It's easy to reverse the battery polarities on those types of batteries. Also check to make sure all the contact points are touching the battery where it needs to be and that the the rubber buttons are hitting the actual buttons on the circuit board.

mtnrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Do the door lock/unlock buttons in the door still work? That will eliminate a few things if they are.

OP
OP
F

french69ssrs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummings
Thanks for your Interest and Help, for my 06 "Cummins" Door Remote Issue !
So for a bit more Info, I thought when my Usual Key didn't work, I grabbed my Spare Key.
That one is used a Few times a Year, so I figured it was not the Battery.
The Power Door Locks Work from the Drivers Side Control Panel on the Door.
I Do Understand about Installing the Battery "Right Side Up", The Battery was Removed and installed Properly.
My Remote is The Truck Key Also.
Should I Disconnect the Battery's for a few Minutes and ReHook them up ?
Thanks
Timmy

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Thanks for your Interest and Help, for my 06 "Cummins" Door Remote Issue !
So for a bit more Info, I thought when my Usual Key didn't work, I grabbed my Spare Key.
That one is used a Few times a Year, so I figured it was not the Battery.
The Power Door Locks Work from the Drivers Side Control Panel on the Door.
I Do Understand about Installing the Battery "Right Side Up", The Battery was Removed and installed Properly.
My Remote is The Truck Key Also.
Should I Disconnect the Battery's for a few Minutes and ReHook them up ?
Thanks
Timmy
I know what it looks like lol. So yours looks like this with the battery in place?

IMAG5443.jpg

Nine times out of ten it's because the fob wasn't put back together correctly. If you're very sure you did, then that leaves:
1. Possibly incorrect fob battery
2. Diminished signal strength; shouldn't be an issue with fresh batteries but might be worth testing to make sure they hadn't been sitting on a shelf too long. Requires special tool to verify signal.
3. Lost programming; highly unlikely, they are designed to stay programmed to the vehicle even if you pull the battery in the fob or vehicle.
4. Your keyless entry module has taken a ****; this will require pulling the cluster to replace, as the module is on the back side of the cluster.

Last edited: