Keyless Enter-N-Go Fob Problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

aanorm69

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
2014 Longhorn 2500 keyless fob system started acting up. First the remote start would work maybe 2 out of 3 time. Then it got to the point it won't remote start at all. it has also started giving me the KEY FOB NOT DETECTED message every once in a while. Now when I grab the door handle, it may or may nor unlock. This is happening with two different fobs. The batteries have been changed with verified good one in both fobs. I have disconnected both main vehicle batteries; both + and - cables on each; and let the truck sit for about 3 hours before I reconnected them. I thought if I let the body control module reset it may help. Or will letting the BCM sit without power for 3 hours reset it?

Bottom line, any ideas why the truck is not responding to the fobs? And what can I do?

Kicker96fs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Did they just push through an update? This morning and afternoon for that matter, everything worked fine. I get home, doors won't lock. I get in, and lock with the door button, the FOB won't unlock, the remote start does nothing, and the panic button won't work. Tried the second FOB, same thing. Went and got new batteries, #2450, same thing.
I don't have the touch the handle thing like yours but at least (so far) it see's the FOB to start.
Made a appointment for Monday at the dealer.
I have a 2019 Rebel.

OP
OP
A

aanorm69

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
The remote start problems started to show up about a month ago and it's gotten steadily worse.

Dodge 1500 4X4

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Isn't there a RF transmitter on the back drivers seat wall, I've heard if it gets wet from a possible CHBL or sliding window leak, I would check that first.

Kicker96fs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well, funny thing is last night before I headed up to bed, I grabbed the FOB and it worked! Not only that, the second FOB worked as well. SO it's like the truck was ignoring the FOB's for some reason. I was joking with the wife saying I will probably go over a bump on the way to work tomorrow and it will start working. Heck, didn't even have to move it.
Hopfully it won't happen again. It did get me to thinking about the battery problems I have been reading in the forums, when it starts to go strange things happen to the electronics.
I have a feeling this may pop up again, hope not.

My4x4tune

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Turbo Cummins
Same issues exactly here and with BOTH fobs for my 2015 limited!.Took it to my mechanic since warranty is out. He saw some codes but said they didn’t normally relate to the fob/truck interaction. So he cleared them anyway after checking them to make sure everything was in order (I had recently changed vehicle batteries too and it made the truck throw some codes that were not real). Brought the truck home; worked fine for one day, now back to the same issues; no fob, not remote start, no door unlock (either by touch or fob), etc. if you find out what the problem is please share. Thank you.