Kicker ks with no amp

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dcredneck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
i recently bought the kicker ks 3.5in speakers for the dash. Can I take the stocks out and simply put them in their place or is there something I must do? Also, for door speakers would kicker ks be smart or the other lines like cs be better. I have 2 12” kicker subs under my seat so I already have one amp running in my truck. Should I get another for the door speakers?

Reaction score
Ram Year
16 laramie
Engine
5.7 hemi
I used the kicker c class in the doors, they sound good ,me personally I bypassed factory amp and got a JBL 4 channel for all except subs and running a 1200 rms to my 2 jl audio w3

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Ram Year
16 laramie
Engine
5.7 hemi
I added a baffle ring for doors so mag did not hit and dyno mat around outside of baffle

ThunderMug95

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
If you have the Alpine or Non-Alpine system matters I believe. I can only speak for the non-Alpine...The stock 3.5” dash speakers are 8ohm and are run parallel with the front door 6x9’s. Most 3.5’s are 4ohm. Since they are powered directly off the head unit, not through an amp, most of us who have done the swap out have added a 4ohm resistor to the dash’s to bring them back to 8ish ohms. If no resistor is used, the dash’s will be overpower your eardrums on the high side. You’d have to use the equalizer and put the treble way down.
My advice is to search Kicker here and you will see what I am speaking of. I installed mine with resistors and it sounds correct. I did not try it without.

Reaction score
Ram Year
16 laramie
Engine
5.7 hemi
I replaced all dash with 3.5 infinity reference before bypassing factory amp (shorted speakers)
Disconnecting loc when no longer needed I had the alpine system, just swapping was just fine no resistors 2016 Laramie

Josh keller

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I added the 3.5" kickers without a resistor and to my trained ear, it sounds much better. It lifts the sound stage up and center. I will say I listen to all my music (rock) with the eq set at 0 for all frequencies. I believe most who feel the dash overpower the highs is due to the fact the factory speakers dont have dedicated tweeters and you're hearing new frequencies that weren't produced with the factory speakers.

OP
OP
Dcredneck

Dcredneck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So as an update. I ended up with the kicker KS series 6x9 in all the doors and 3.5 in the dash to go with my kicker compRT 12s under my seat. I think they all sound extremely well. It’s crazy how much of a difference the speakers make compared to stock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ftank