Kids car seat

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BrandonD29

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So my brother and i were having a disagreement. He is wanting to pick up a 1st gen ram ext cab and thinks he can throw a kids car seat in the back (for a 1 year old). Ive never been in a 1st gen, but from pictures it doesnt look like theres enough room to place a pair of socks..

Anyways, i was saying the bare minimun you would need is a 2nd gen (pretty sure a car seat fits, but anchoring is a pain), but if youre buying anyways, go for the qc 3rd gen for the easier access.

Thought?

BWL

Embrace the skeptisism
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
It has a bench seat back there so I don't see why not. It's not like the rangers with seats that face the centre. Be a bit of a pain with a backwards facing car seat, but the forward is easy with the front seat folded forward. I've sat in the back of one. Wasn't terrible, but the front seat was forward. Probably better to put it on the passenger side.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
Most decent sized towns have a safety section office
In my town of 87,000 residence, that office is in the Library
At that location, once a month they use to hold a Child Safety Day

Maybe there is a location close to you

LSU04_08

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 e-torque
So my brother and i were having a disagreement. He is wanting to pick up a 1st gen ram ext cab and thinks he can throw a kids car seat in the back (for a 1 year old). Ive never been in a 1st gen, but from pictures it doesnt look like theres enough room to place a pair of socks..

Anyways, i was saying the bare minimun you would need is a 2nd gen (pretty sure a car seat fits, but anchoring is a pain), but if youre buying anyways, go for the qc 3rd gen for the easier access.

Thought?

What did he end up going with? I had a 2012 QC Ram 1500 that I had to upgrade to a CC after my son was born in 2016.

biggin152

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ill Have to say I went with a crew cab for the extra space. Car seats work on the principal that they are not touching anything besides the seat they are anchored to. The child seat/infant carrier absorbs and transfers the forces created during an accident away from the child. If the carrier is contacting any other object the seat is unable to do the job it was designed to do and forces are transferred to the child. Most local municipalities have some sort of car seat programs, be it police or fire departments that can help with questions and installs, sometimes hospitals. Manufacturers usually have a list of compatible car seats that work with particular makes and modules. Sometimes you will find that vehicles are not compatible with car seats.

Slotback

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Before he buys he really needs to take his car seat with him to see how it will actually set up in the truck. It's a pain but worth the effort. More information for him to digest before parting with his money.