Anyone put a kiddo car seat in a gen 4 rear seat center?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ramtastico

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Warlock
Engine
3.6l
Just checked tonight on my 2021 warlock quad. The center rear does not have the latch bars and the seat belt is not the kind that ratchets like the outboard seats (for fastening the kiddo seat in). Not sure if I have a defective belt or the center rear is just not made for a car seat.

Was going to trade it in for a gen 5... but I like the truck so much was going to make it work by leveraging the center (the outboard seats are difficult as i prefer the kiddo in center or driver side and being a tall gent its not very workable to have the seat directly behind me.

jws123

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Dont think the center is made to have a car seat due to nothing being in front of it. In a crash it would be better to have a seat in front of it just my thinking tho.

OP
OP
R

Ramtastico

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Warlock
Engine
3.6l
Wifey said the same... however the center 2nd row is always listed as the preferred placement for a car seat and most cars would have no seat in front of that center position ??

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
Just had a car seat in the middle(visiting relatives)in my Crew cab which has the latch points.
If your seatbelt doesn't ratchet there is locking clip that the seatbelt gets strung through to hold the car seat.
The rear center is preferably the safest spot for the car seat as it's the furthest away from side-curtain air bags and the sides of the vehicle.

OP
OP
R

Ramtastico

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Warlock
Engine
3.6l
Thanks Crash! The locking clip is on the car seat itself?

I can email the car seat company; however just wanted to make sure it wasn't a defective belt. The two outers have the ratchet however guessing the center doesn't by design given the lack of latch points (there is a top strap for forward facing on all three, so the center is clearly designed to be ok for a car seat).

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
The locking clip is on the car seat itself?
If the car seat doesn't have one, just Google "car seat locking clip"
They're only a couple of $$ and can be found online, in baby supply stores, and even auto parts stores.
car seat locking clip.jpeg

Jeepwalker

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Reg Cab, 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
If you get something figured out, put a pad under the car seat ...esp if your truck has leather seats. Car seats I've used can stretch out leather and in my case doesn't really relax back afterwards (looks terrible). Cloth isn't a problem though.