Kooks Shorty Headers Installed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jvbuttex

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I-6
. I really appreciate the tip from this forum to get some swivel ratchet box wrenches, really helped as some of those bolts are a bear to get to.
Great Tip, what sizes specifically did you use? often some of these sets only have 5 or 7 wrenches?

sadly i have been super lazy and still havent gotten any of my goodies installed yet. when i do get them put on ill update, hopefully i can find the time to use a little bit of this years vacation time that i havent even touched yet to get everything put on within the next month.
ummm yea me too. seems when i get all my info together, get the parts for some mods, work gets busy. I have a few projects around the house all in boxes that i have picked up, ready for install. Can you order more "spare time?"

OP
OP
joesstripclub

joesstripclub

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 2500 PW
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Great Tip, what sizes specifically did you use? often some of these sets only have 5 or 7 wrenches?

I think all the bolts for my Kooks were 14mm except for the exhaust connection which was 17mm maybe. I think the factory bolts are either 13mm or 14mm. I think I honestly just used a standard box end 14mm wrench and a 3/8 ratchet with an extension. About half the bolts are easier to reach through the fender well and the other half were easier to reach from the ground, so lots of back and forth for me.

jvbuttex

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I-6
excellent thanks for the info

16WhiteQC

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Looking for an update on these, how is everyone liking them to date?

To me these seems like the best option to replace the manifolds and still use the truck as a truck.

OP
OP
joesstripclub

joesstripclub

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 2500 PW
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I finally took my truck down to lower elevations around Christmas and could definitely feel that I had lost a good amount of power at altitude. I cant put any empirical data down, but the truck runs really well with the Kooks installed. I keep meaning to take a peak under the truck to see what their physical condition looks like but I expect them to look about the same as when I installed them. Everyone says these are the best shorties you can get performance and quality wise. Definitely no negative effects except for my wallet.