Lamp out light

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ron66

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I just picked up an 05 2500 2 days ago and the lamp out light was on, but all lights worked as they should then when it was dark i noticed the left headlight going out and then coming back on so today i replaced the bulb, still have the same problem lamp out light on,headlight off and on, checked all the wiring all seems ok. Has any one else had this problem or can piont me in the right direction. Thank you for any help

Wendell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 liter
I had a similar problem with the left lower beam headlight on a 2002 Ram 1500 SLT. After replacing the Integrated Power Module I traced the real problem to the connector that attaches the headlight wiring to the bottom of the Integrated Power Module on the left fender. The wire for the left lower beam was intermittently loosing connection. You could try cleaning the connector contacts with electrical contact cleaner and check for breaks in the wire and/or connector.