Laramie Longhorn interior

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

xcaliber

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Longhorn
Engine
I am curious as to what I do to my seats to clean or condition?

1st truck just bought it today 2016 laramie longhorn.

tidefan1967

Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is what I use about once a month. Also don’t forget to wipe off the leather steering wheel pretty frequently because it will start looking bad in no time without proper care.

24201E51-BDFB-496F-A8EC-31920B8A74F7.jpeg

Kinetic

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The easiest way is to use Meguair's 3 N 1 Leather cleaner spray, once or twice a month. It can be found at Walmart. You always want to use water based cleaners and conditioners, not oil based.

tidefan1967

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Does that product leave any slimy residue behind like some others do?
If you give some time to dry no absolutely not. I usually do my trucks leather at work so it might sit for 8-10 hours before I drive again so it has plenty of time to dry. It pretty much just leaves it feeling a little more supple than before and you can see the dirt, hand goo, etc on the wipes so you know it’s working. I will definitely say that like most leather cleaners it’s more of a preventative maintenance thing than anything else. It/they won’t do much for older more worn leather. It has a nice smell too.

SYKRAMMAN

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
06 Mega
Engine
If you give some time to dry no absolutely not. I usually do my trucks leather at work so it might sit for 8-10 hours before I drive again so it has plenty of time to dry. It pretty much just leaves it feeling a little more supple than before and you can see the dirt, hand goo, etc on the wipes so you know it’s working. I will definitely say that like most leather cleaners it’s more of a preventative maintenance thing than anything else. It/they won’t do much for older more worn leather. It has a nice smell too.

I’ll have to try that on my wife’s car, no leather for me:( lol, that’s ok though wasn’t really a fan of leather all my life, jackets I like but for my truck, nah, maybe if I was able to tint my windows then I may consider it but not where I live, can only have like 25% on them or something, not even worth it and nothing on windshield at all.

Deepc6

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 Etorque
I use lexall leather cleaner, works great.

Lexol E301125500 pH-balanced Leather Cleaner, 16.9 oz https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0002F9YIC/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_sNbCBbXVSVXB8

Then after it dries I use Adams Leather Conditioner, I have been using this combination for a while now.

Adams Leather & Interior Conditioner 16oz - Conditions Leather, Vinyl, and Plastic Interior Surfaces - Contains Premium UV Blockers for SPF 65 Protection - Long Lasting Protection https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00DND2UFO/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_HObCBbPK10A64

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Arth

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 3500 Crew Cab Limited 4x4
Engine
6.7 HO Cummins Turbo Diesel
Maybe I am weird but my 2014 Limited still has that new leather smell. People still comment that my truck smells like a new truck when they get in.

To preserve that I don't use any leather cleaning products I just vacuum the seats and use a warm wash cloth with a mild soap in it. I come behind that with a dry one and call it a day.

In the past when I owned Laramie's I'd use leather care products but that was because the leather seats didn't have any scent of their own.

Quick_Shifter

IG: @ak_trucks_pa
Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
Chemical Guys has leather cleaner and conditioner if you need to actually clean them, to maintenance them between cleanings they make sprayable leather, fair warning you are going to love or hate the scent. I personally like it so I also ordered their leather scent spray/air freshener

David Skinner

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Maybe I am weird but my 2014 Limited still has that new leather smell. People still comment that my truck smells like a new truck when they get in.

To preserve that I don't use any leather cleaning products I just vacuum the seats and use a warm wash cloth with a mild soap in it. I come behind that with a dry one and call it a day.

In the past when I owned Laramie's I'd use leather care products but that was because the leather seats didn't have any scent of their own.
Ditto on that. mine also is a 14 and I get the same comment all the time.