Large Recall for Cruise Control

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
U61 is the fix for the cruise control issue, NOT Autopark.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

MaximumSteel18

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I going in this Friday to have my Sport and Hellcat done, they said it takes longer for the truck than the Hellcat, so I will see.

TARDIS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just made my appointment for the cruise recall. I use my cruise all the time. Sometimes it doesn't turn on, but after three taps on the steering wheel it always starts working again. Yesterday I went to turn off my cruise while going up a slight incline towards a red light. It wouldn't turn off with the button, and it kept accelerating to keep the speed. I hit the brakes while hitting the button. The cruise finally turned off after the forth time I hit the button while smashing the brake pedal. Thank God. After I went through the light I tried the cruise again. It wouldn't turn on. I tapped the wheel three times. Cruise worked fine. This is a pretty serious recall. Not a fun experience. I haven't gotten a letter from Mopar about it yet. I searched cruise control problems and then did a VIN search on the Mopar website. My truck is affected. Thanks Mopar for not letting me know of the issue. I had to search it out on my own after I almost got into an accident. It said it was recalled May 23. It's July 13 and Mopar hasn't notified me? Bums. My oil burning/leaking Chevrolet never tried to kill me and the recall notices in the Chevy's I've owned have always been sent in the mail. I didn't have to Google it after a frightening experience. Ridiculous.

grizzstang

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I received my U61 Cruise Control recall letter this week.

I had both the U05 and U61 recalls done a couple of weeks ago. Just contact your dealer and get it handled, no letter is needed. As an owner of any vehicle it pays to keep yourself informed and not rely on the manufacturer to do it for you. That is what makes forums like this one so awesome!

ripping r

Old&Grumpy
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 HEMI
I went in today. 1.5 hours later it was done. But my evic settings where all changed. Dont understand why. i asked about the tsb for down shifting And they set the trany to relearn. Hope that is my last trip to the dealer.

Last edited:

CBTBOB

U.S. Army Retired
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My 2017 300 has been recalled and repaired. I haven't received the recall letter for my 2018 1500 Ram. I looked up recalls on My Mopar and it has U61 recall listed with an incomplete status. I'll call the dealer and get it in for repair.

Murphy Slaw

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Bighorn 4X4 Crew
Engine
I use mine all the time and just got back from a long trip. It works perfect.

Used it this morning in a speed trap area.

tones2SS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I going in this Friday to have my Sport and Hellcat done, they said it takes longer for the truck than the Hellcat, so I will see.
There's the same recall for the Hellcat as well?!??
Wow, what's going on here?

MaximumSteel18

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
There's the same recall for the Hellcat as well?!??
Wow, what's going on here?
Yes, it took 15 minutes for the 18' Ram and the same for the Hellcat, it took longer for the service rep to do the paper work than it did for the update. LOL

tones2SS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yes, it took 15 minutes for the 18' Ram and the same for the Hellcat, it took longer for the service rep to do the paper work than it did for the update. LOL
LOL
What recall does the Hellcat have? The cruise control as well?
What year Hellcat?

17CrewCab1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I got my letter yesterday for my 2017. But it says turning it off or hitting the brake will cancel. I don't believe the cruise will stay on - not allowing you to disable it..

I may see if I can take it in tomorrow. Dealers out here are pretty fast.

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I got my letter yesterday for my 2017. But it says turning it off or hitting the brake will cancel. I don't believe the cruise will stay on - not allowing you to disable it..

I may see if I can take it in tomorrow. Dealers out here are pretty fast.

Actually its possible the cruise wont disable at all. There are lots of good docs about it on NHTSA website, but basically the computer can get "stuck" with cruise on if you have cruise on and some sort of electrical short occurs. The computer doesn't automatically cancel the call for "torque" from cruise control, but because its shorted the controls to override cruise might not work. There is also a good document about the first (and only known) real-world occurrence and the driver claimed they did everything they should have...hit the brakes, etc. but cruise never turned off.

Luckily its a quick fix, 20-30 minutes from what I've read, so even if you dont feel like you have to have it, its not a big deal to just get it done.

My only worry is that they will force AutoPark on me as well, but thats not a safety recall so maybe they'll let me go without it.

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
Got the notice in the mail on Thursday. Maybe I will get it fixed Saturday Morning

barr0208

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 ram 1500 sport long bed
Engine
5.7 3.92 4x4 ruby red
got mine done and the wifes 2015 Chrysler 200c as well

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member