Last Ram I will ever purchase

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Explorer682

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I am on my 5th Ram and the 2019 5th Gen will be my last due to the absolute worst quality build . The lastest is the infamous cracked rear slider . Water pouring into the vehicle, headliner,floor and who knows what else totalled . Found the TSB bulletin 23-098-23 that extends the warranty to 8 years only problem Ramcares, Ram Canada and the dealer won’t acknowledge it . Basically everything leaks on this pos **** truck , shark fin , 3rd beak light and now the rear window. It’s been a long list with of other issues as well .After owing several Rams over 35 years I will never purchase another . Only 47kms , 2019 Sport loaded , includes rear seat bathtub option , make an offer!

Units

Reaction score
Ram Year
2023 Bighorn
Engine
6.7l Cummins
I am on my 5th Ram and the 2019 5th Gen will be my last due to the absolute worst quality build . The lastest is the infamous cracked rear slider . Water pouring into the vehicle, headliner,floor and who knows what else totalled . Found the TSB bulletin 23-098-23 that extends the warranty to 8 years only problem Ramcares, Ram Canada and the dealer won’t acknowledge it . Basically everything leaks on this pos **** truck , shark fin , 3rd beak light and now the rear window. It’s been a long list with of other issues as well .After owing several Rams over 35 years I will never purchase another . Only 47kms , 2019 Sport loaded , includes rear seat bathtub option , make an offer!
I hate you’re having problems, just went through it myself. Hopefully it gets resolved.

RamDiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Sorry to hear of your grief.

Have you also contacted Ram Customer Care in Canada at 1-800-465-2001?

Also available at https://www.facebook.com/ramtruckscanada

Daw14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
$3.00 sounds like a real gamble .

OP
OP
Explorer682

Explorer682

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

RamDiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I did.......they don't acknowledge that TSB Bulletin exists. I mentioned it 5 times , every time I got the same response " its an out of pocket expense, sorry"

When you read that TSB, would it definitely apply if your truck was sold and used in the USA?

If yes, I'd start with sending them a copy of the TSB, along with the details of your vehicle (VIN, purchase date etc) via registered mail and demand satisfaction.

Also, file a detailed complaint with the BBB and include a copy of that in your post to Ram Canada.

Some organizations won't do squat until they start to see documentation that could result in costing them money and/or bad PR.

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
After owing several Rams over 35 years I will never purchase another
Your joining the illustrious group of people vowing to never buy *** brand of vehicles, make note every other manufacturer of vehicles has someone who is saying the exact same thing your saying about the other brands. Those people that swore off other brands have bought Ram trucks and think they're the best truck they've ever owned.
Most of the vehicles roll off the dealership lot never to be seen again, unfortunately there are those few percentage wise that have problems. To give you the scope of how many vehicles involved, Ram produces over 500,000 trucks per year. So if 3% of the truck have problems that over 15K vehicles, and a typical dealer may sell about 200 trucks a year.

PoMansRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
That really does suck, especially for what these vehicles cost these days.

It was quite the opposite experience for me with my 4th gen Ram 1500s. My 2017 and 2019, aside from the silly 3rd brake light water leaks on both, gave me zero issues in the ~70K miles I owned both to.

Mike Wenrich

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2004.5, 2023 RAM 2500 Laramie 4x4
Engine
5.9 Diesel, 6.4 Hemi
I have a new 2023 that has not gone thru a winter. I have a camper shell/topper ordered. With that on I won't be able to get to the third light without removing the shell. Do all the third lights leak and should I remove and silicone the gasket? Or is there a better fix?

CrispyBacon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a new 2023 that has not gone thru a winter. I have a camper shell/topper ordered. With that on I won't be able to get to the third light without removing the shell. Do all the third lights leak and should I remove and silicone the gasket? Or is there a better fix?
I'm on my second ram and never had a leaky third light.

Randy Grant

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Sorry to hear that you got a lemon. Mine has been great

KeithP

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 VVT
Not saying you won’t have issues but, the leaks are primarily a 2019 problem. First version of a new body style. I have a 22. No leaks. Had a 19 that my daughter and son-in-law have now. No leaks. The 19 was built in May of 19. By then they had most of the bugs worked out of the new body design.

Mike Wenrich

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2004.5, 2023 RAM 2500 Laramie 4x4
Engine
5.9 Diesel, 6.4 Hemi
Good feedback and thank you. BTW, my new truck was power washed with a very powerful sprayer at the dealership. My biggest concern was the underhood powerwash that the manual specifically says is not a good idea. I did not have any moisture in the rear seat area from that. I checked since I knew previous years had the problem.

markabby

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
found this....

NCRaineman

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Classic
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Not saying you won’t have issues but, the leaks are primarily a 2019 problem. First version of a new body style.
People who know never never never buy a new vehicle in the first year of manufacture. Give the manufacturer a year or two to work all the bugs out. As much as new vehicles are tested it doesn't compare to getting thousands of them out with the general public for all the problems to really be known. You are better off buying something well on in the production run so plenty of time has passed for tweaks and fixes to be applied.

BuschLatte420

chill water by day, drink beer by night
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 classic tradesmen crew cab 6’4 box
Engine
5.7L NON E-TORQUE 3.92 gears 4x4
I bought a brand new 2022 4 runner which I saved up 3 years for and dreamed of. It was a lemon. Paint defects, whatever the dealership did it looked like it was detailed with a old push broom scratched to hell, and had vibration / shimmy issues that could never be resolved as if the tires would randomly unbalance them selfs in a severe manor at highway speeds ( 50-70 mph). Traded in for a 2022 ram classic which I built to spec and ordered and other then a few cosmetic issues and a bad rear drive shaft from factory absolutely love the truck, which technically was a downgrade ‘fancy wise’. Smooth as silk no shimmy’s or vibrations (other than drive shaft on back order) moral of this post is the 4 runner was built in Japan and was supposed to last me 30+ years and lasted less than a year. They truly are all shyt these days!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thoffmann517