Last Ram I will ever purchase

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Explorer682

Explorer682

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
found this....

I’ve been to two dealers, Ram Canada and Ramcares . My vehicle meets every single parameter outlined in this TDB , manufacturing date, sales code , North America and the only corporate response I can get is the same from all “ sorry sir this will be an out of pocket expense “ cause that’s what their computer screen tells them . I handed a paper copy of that TSS to the last dealer, they read it ( including the service manager) said it “ shouldn’t be a problem “ and when they try for warranty authorization it’s denied

Goose55

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins High Output 6.7L
I am on my 5th Ram and the 2019 5th Gen will be my last due to the absolute worst quality build . The lastest is the infamous cracked rear slider . Water pouring into the vehicle, headliner,floor and who knows what else totalled . Found the TSB bulletin 23-098-23 that extends the warranty to 8 years only problem Ramcares, Ram Canada and the dealer won’t acknowledge it . Basically everything leaks on this pos **** truck , shark fin , 3rd beak light and now the rear window. It’s been a long list with of other issues as well .After owing several Rams over 35 years I will never purchase another . Only 47kms , 2019 Sport loaded , includes rear seat bathtub option , make an offer!
I have a '19 3500 and have not had these issues, though it does not rain much her in SW Arizona. Sorry this has happened to your truck. I'd be pissed, too.

nlambert182

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Not saying you won’t have issues but, the leaks are primarily a 2019 problem. First version of a new body style. I have a 22. No leaks. Had a 19 that my daughter and son-in-law have now. No leaks. The 19 was built in May of 19. By then they had most of the bugs worked out of the new body design.
The 3rd brake light leak has been happening since at least 2012. I think I've heard of it happening all the way back to the 3rd gens.

Both my 2012 and 2016 leaked, but it was an $8 gasket and 10 minutes to fix it. On my 18 1500 I just went ahead and did it as good insurance. My current 18 has never been changed and isn't leaking but I'll change it out as preventative maintenance as well. It's really not a big deal.

RamDiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I’ve been to two dealers, Ram Canada and Ramcares . My vehicle meets every single parameter outlined in this TDB , manufacturing date, sales code , North America and the only corporate response I can get is the same from all “ sorry sir this will be an out of pocket expense “ cause that’s what their computer screen tells them . I handed a paper copy of that TSS to the last dealer, they read it ( including the service manager) said it “ shouldn’t be a problem “ and when they try for warranty authorization it’s denied

Two things come to my mind after reading this post.

If the dealer says no problem, then why are they not pushing the issue with Ram Canada?

And, I would be registering a complaint with BBB.ca and naming both the dealership and Ram Canada in the complaint. Both have failed to provide you with service because of some geotechnical BS and that's just wrong.

Personally, I'd also be investigating filing a complaint in small claims court too. You can represent yourself and who can dispute your claim with the TSB in hand?

Scottly

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HO 6.7 Cummins
Is it possible....That at some point in the life of your truck, you had it serviced for an issue related to a modification and a tech/service manager marked your VIN "warranty void"?? Seen it happen...It would make ALL possible warranty issues out-of-pocket. Ask them.

Jim113

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Longhorn
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I did.......they don't acknowledge that TSB Bulletin exists. I mentioned it 5 times , every time I got the same response " its an out of pocket expense, sorry"
I received a letter from FCA Stellantis indicating the third brake light warranty extension ... I assume every owner would have received it ... But it appears in your case, you did not ... Here is the letter I received ... I blacked out my VIN, name and address for privacy, security reasons ...

1698697422542.png

Last edited:

Units

Reaction score
Ram Year
2023 Bighorn
Engine
6.7l Cummins
I received a letter from FCA Stellantis indicating the third brake light warranty extension ... I assume every owner would have received it ... But it appears in your case, you did not ... Here is the letter I received ... I blacked out my VIN, name and address for privacy, security reasons ...
You can still see the VIN and address. Just sayin.

RamDiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

That's awesome!

So the $4bs***** FCA Canada now has an exposed conflict of their position.
Maybe, you could share a few PMs with the OP and send him a copy.

Those fools would have to comply or get ready to be smeared and milked for compensation.

Last edited:

Shriner20452

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I'm really sorry to hear this. My 2020 Ram Laramie hasn't had a single problem except for being in 4 accidents that were not my fault. You know one of those "in the wrong place at the wrong time" kinds of situations. Other than that, I'm completely satisfied with mine. I get between 15 and 17 mpg around town, and 21 to 23 mpg on the highway. Most of the difference on the highway depends on which way the wind is blowing. It is our "go to" vehicle and a majority of its 57,000+ miles is highway miles. The truck is comfortable (it rides better than my wife's Cadillac SRX) and much quieter. No vehicle is necessarily perfect, and I've had a few lemons in my car buying life. I hope you find what you are looking for in your next truck. Just sign me as "A Ford person who got smart."

StNick

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 12V
I see all the problems people are having with the newer trucks. Remember, the older trucks were made in a different time. There was a time (not that long ago) when there was a lot more hand assembly, and people took pride in their work. But these days, in order for the companies to keep up with labor costs going up, have to automate so much and machines could care less. That's part of the reason why I'll stick to my 94 Cumins/Ram. It is almost 30 years old, has 144,000 miles, and the cab is still air tight. The 5.9 motor does what I want and I don't need (nor want) the 6.7.

My Two Good Hands

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
8.0 V10
I am on my 5th Ram and the 2019 5th Gen will be my last due to the absolute worst quality build . The lastest is the infamous cracked rear slider . Water pouring into the vehicle, headliner,floor and who knows what else totalled . Found the TSB bulletin 23-098-23 that extends the warranty to 8 years only problem Ramcares, Ram Canada and the dealer won’t acknowledge it . Basically everything leaks on this pos **** truck , shark fin , 3rd beak light and now the rear window. It’s been a long list with of other issues as well .After owing several Rams over 35 years I will never purchase another . Only 47kms , 2019 Sport loaded , includes rear seat bathtub option , make an offer!
I love my 2003 V10 and 94 before it went 276K but got rusty Now I know how to stop the rust on the 2003!

dordoc2506

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Contact a Lawyer, I know it will cost a couple of $$, but less than a new truck, Fiat Motors is not doing very well with customer support right now, and will only talk to legal letters. I have heard this from so many persons right now, that Fiat is not listening to the customers directly and only to the Lawyers...

Toddz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I have a 2018 2500 that went in four times for leaks in the cab. They replaced the third brake light, sunroof (including new headliner), shark fin, and then the rear sliding window. It was all under warranty, and I honestly think the leak was the rear window the whole time. I think they just guessed each time. I love the truck and everything else has been trouble free.
I had an f150 prior and I tried everything and was never able to stop the cab leak.

MopartsMoproblems

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7l
I have a 2018 2500 that went in four times for leaks in the cab. They replaced the third brake light, sunroof (including new headliner), shark fin, and then the rear sliding window. It was all under warranty, and I honestly think the leak was the rear window the whole time. I think they just guessed each time. I love the truck and everything else has been trouble free.
I had an f150 prior and I tried everything and was never able to stop the cab leak.
I have a 2019 Classic that has had the issue. I saw discoloration inside the seat belt when pulled all the way out area and around the headliner. Decided to go with the youtube fix while doing my oil change and use the marine gasket for it, longest part was scraping off the dried up gasket. I'm guessing since a lot of the newer trucks are probably older parts bin, they may have been sitting longer and are closer to the tail end of their shelf life. By the time the trucks are out the door they are a little more dried up.

jagman_xjs

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003 2011 2019 2023
Engine
5.7 Hemi(s)
I REALLY hate you are having these troubles. However I am VERY glad I bought a DS but that does not help you at this time. Other than having to drop the headliner for the shark fin, if I were in your boat I would repair the RAM myself and be done with the frustration of fighting with these idiots. Yes I do know it is the principal of the matter BUT what is your sanity worth? I have had some tales I can tell you myself about these dealers and honestly I doubt I will ever buy new again. I do love my RAM but buying new again more than likely will NOT happen again. I will buy cheap and from a private seller. P*SS ON FCA & RAM dealers!!!