Latest Lighting Idea

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Musclemckeester

Musclemckeester

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a

Mad Cow

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
I still want my amp steps. If I buy them before I move I will pay $1300 installed through my shop. A buddy of mine just put them on his 2005 Ram and man are they awesome. I still have to buy my camper shell and that will be about 4K yuck.

Vendor
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Laramie Sport Crew, 2019 1500 Big Horn Sport Crew & 2016 Charger SRT Hellcat
Engine
2x 5.7L & 6.2L
I only paid 800 installed for mine.........

I installed them. LOL

OP
OP
Musclemckeester

Musclemckeester

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
I still want my amp steps. If I buy them before I move I will pay $1300 installed through my shop. A buddy of mine just put them on his 2005 Ram and man are they awesome. I still have to buy my camper shell and that will be about 4K yuck.

Everyone I know that has them loves them and says they get compliments on them all the time. I doubt if that will be the case around here though as this is what a lot of the lifted trucks have now. I still love them, and the only steps that will ever go on my truck. That's why I went 1.25" body versus 3" so I'd have no fitment issues with the steps.

That $1,300 does seem a little high. I see them all over the internet for $1,000, and I'm pretty sure it's worth $300 to install yourself...at least it would be to me.

I only paid 800 installed for mine.........

I installed them. LOL

How'd you get that deal? I'd probably buy this very moment if I could get the AMPs for $800 and yeah I'd install them myself!

Vendor
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Laramie Sport Crew, 2019 1500 Big Horn Sport Crew & 2016 Charger SRT Hellcat
Engine
2x 5.7L & 6.2L
How'd you get that deal? I'd probably buy this very moment if I could get the AMPs for $800 and yeah I'd install them myself!

well, bestops - and they were 900 with a 100 buck MIR

OP
OP
Musclemckeester

Musclemckeester

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
well, bestops - and they were 900 with a 100 buck MIR

Yeah that's a good deal. I'm wanting the AMPs with the 5 year warranty since I plan on keeping this truck for a while...and you know what I put it through. It's likely 4 years down the road I could get submerged in a mud puddle and need a new step motor! LOL

Mad Cow

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
I think some of the extra pice is it being AK. Everything here is more expensive due to shipping.I have a buddy I'm helping him with a 9.5" lift on his H2 and it's costing him $560 just in shipping of the lift.

OP
OP
Musclemckeester

Musclemckeester

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
Ah, true, have to factor that in as well.

After giving it some more thought, I'm going to proceed on this idea. I'll probably go ahead and order the 700s and test fit them this weekend (just to make sure) and if all looks good order the HIDs for them. In the mean time I'll get the new wiring run through the bar and get it ready for installation a few weekends from now.

Mad Cow

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
That is going to look sexy brother. Let me know how the tinting goes I am thinking of doing that to mine.

OP
OP
Musclemckeester

Musclemckeester

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
I sure hope so. Just trying to get my mind wrapped around the project to make sure I'm not forgetting some unknown variables.

The tinting will be fine. I had it done to my lights on the light bar now as well as the Hella 500s that I put HIDs in. With Laminx, even if they don't have the exact size you need, you can call them with dimensions of what you need cut and they can custom cut stuff for you. Round Sealed Beam Covers on that page I'll probably end up ordering the 7". I love the look of lights on the front, but I don't want it to be the first thing people see when they look at the truck ya know? And with the power of the HIDs the amount of light lost will be virtually none.

Here's a picture of the Hella 500s with gunsmoke laminx on the left versus no laminx on the right.

0c436a95.jpg

OP
OP
Musclemckeester

Musclemckeester

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
4) 55w 5k HIDs ordered today
2) Hella 700s ordered last night

Looking into laminx. Will probably have to get them to special make that size. Once I get the 2 Hellas test fitted and assuming no problems, I'll order the other 2. The main wait right now is on the HIDs. Those will take a couple weeks to ship (thanks DDM). I also ordered an extra set of 35w 5k HIDs...I wonder where those are going! :D