Least Favorite/Most Favorite Mod

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gone

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cant believe no one said hptuners hands down best bang for the buck..

i have no traction in 1st gear and half of second i drive a stock hemi 3:92 posi

If i WOT kicks-down to second gear from third truck gos sideways. Lol

Nick14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My favorite is tint. Has been for 30+ years. Least, folks that feel the need to throw their truck 10 feet in the air, install 2 or 3 light bars, turn headlights, fog lights and light bars on. I always found that the streetlights provided by the city and factory installed headlights sufficient. Nick

Bill Knight

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
My least favorite mod, I would have to agree the fender flares that stick out a country mile. While the wheel are tucked way inside the factory wheel wells.

One of my favorite mods is a great sounding exhaust system along with a CAI paired together at WOT

likes2build

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Express RCSB
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
My favorite mods would be all the harnesses I got from M2Mods to add

1. UAQ Android Auto / Nav
2. ATC with a custom @Mpgrimm2 RC bezel
3. Headliner microphones
4. Overhead Console / Homelink
5. Smart beam
6. Second / Multiple camera input
7. AlfaOBD bypass for a 2018

Least favorite would be the rubber bed mat I bought instead of a spray liner or bed rug.

Last edited:

Atcer2018

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Favorite mod is easily Keyless n go on a BigHorn. Yes it was pricey and yes it was a bit of work that led to several other mods “while I was at it” like sound deadening the inner doors, rear wall of the cab and a speaker upgrade and the rear seat fold down mod and having To purchase AlfaOBD so I could complete the install which led to LED lighting and a trailer brake controller. Which brings me to least favorite mod, trailer brake controller. Waste of a hundred bucks as I don’t tow anything. A 3.6L wit 3:21 is not a towing machine but hey it looks good on the center stack lol

KiloHotel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Fav: Brake upgrade! Powerstop rotors and ceramic pads

Least: for me personally was running 33" mud terrains, just killed the ride on the highway

Fergusontd

FTD
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Tonneau cover, chrome running boards, and a K&N air filter.

Oilfieldman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
My favorite has to be wheels! Nothing changed the personality of a truck faster than a nice set of wheels. Second favorite would have to be the leveling kit, I couldn’t stand the rake. Third would have to be the genos cummins shift knob for the g56. I don’t have a least favorite because everybody’s mods are just an expression of their personalities.

53C8B45C-EA4F-4E0C-8E61-C761EA2F69A7.jpeg

4E175061-ECEE-45A5-B81F-5B088C7C6AEB.jpeg

FL-RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Bighorn Night Edition
Engine
V8
Favorite - wheels and tires. Nothing makes your truck "yours" more than a set of tires and wheels that you pick out.

Least favorite - picking the wrong size wheels and tires (not a fan of tires that stick way out on the sides or huge wheels and low profile tires)

Other honorable mentions - spray-in bedliner, side steps, tinting. Those should be mandatory mods.

cf3b7e4c-feb6-46a1-aac6-0517edf6ec6a-jpeg.223172

Last edited:

Loudram

Just a sinner saved by grace
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Time to revisit this thread. Had a new mod done. A set of custom Mopar graphics. This is now my favorite mod.

And I'll throw another least fav mod. Stick on hood scoops. Cheesy doesn't begin to describe the way they look.

Pic 1.jpg

Last edited:

Hanover Fiste

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 SLT, 2018 Sport
Engine
5.7L Hemi
My favorite and least favorite mod are the same--installing Keyless Go. I like being able to just push a button to start the truck (there's so much effort to turn a key! o_O) but after realizing how much it cost [AlfaOBD software (twice--Windows laptop broke, so had to buy a new Android device), bypass cable, + parts], I wouldn't do it again.

FF1899

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Beautiful color is this repainted? Also its not hate wrong word. It's more like safety of the people around you.

Serious question, Do you ever or have you been pulled over by Syracuse police?

With your tires so far out are you not concerned flipping rocks or debris onto the cars behind you or even worse a motorcycle rider behind you?

It could happen and I would think that would be a bad day.

No I dont get bothered by spd they are far to busy to worry about wheel offset same goes for my agency and others around. As for kicking up rocks also no it's not a concern. I haul a large enclosed trailer thousands of miles a year hauling motorcycles and wheelers all over and it doesn't have a scratch or mark on it. As for hitting a motorcycle also no for 2 reasons, I ride all summer almost as much as I drive the truck and they dont stick out that far and dont throw any more then any other vehicle on the road. If you are close enough to me that long that it is a concern of yours then you should be reevaluating the fact that you are on a motorcycle to begin with and if you are a t shirt and shorts person suck it up because that's the least of your concerns. They come out 2 maybe 3 inches none of these concerns should be any different then any other vehicle on the road. Also as for tickets if your equipment is against v&t law then yeah you can run the risk but unless you are being a problem then you will probably never have to worry about it.

Wes Veness

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 SLT Classic
Engine
5.7 Hemi
No I dont get bothered by spd they are far to busy to worry about wheel offset same goes for my agency and others around. As for kicking up rocks also no it's not a concern. I haul a large enclosed trailer thousands of miles a year hauling motorcycles and wheelers all over and it doesn't have a scratch or mark on it. As for hitting a motorcycle also no for 2 reasons, I ride all summer almost as much as I drive the truck and they dont stick out that far and dont throw any more then any other vehicle on the road. If you are close enough to me that long that it is a concern of yours then you should be reevaluating the fact that you are on a motorcycle to begin with and if you are a t shirt and shorts person suck it up because that's the least of your concerns. They come out 2 maybe 3 inches none of these concerns should be any different then any other vehicle on the road. Also as for tickets if your equipment is against v&t law then yeah you can run the risk but unless you are being a problem then you will probably never have to worry about it.
Well said!!

Addicted2fishing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Favourite mods would be modest lift and decent sized tires.

Least favourite is when people go nuts with the chrome. I’m not talking big deflectors. I’m talking those that put that thin chrome lip around the wheel wells, on the pillars and usually accompanied with those black mud flaps with chrome accents along the bottom.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk