Least Favorite/Most Favorite Mod

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hookedup87

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I’m stealing this idea from my FoxBody Mustang forum where I found a similar thread, and it was a hit. We all mod our trucks. Some more than others, but we all do it to some level or another. Let’s compare what our least favorite and most favorite mods are. Now, they don’t have to be a mod you have done personally to your truck. Just something that when you see it, or do it, you say either, hey I really like that or, damn, that’s not for me.

I’ll go first. Least favorite mod. That’s an easy one. Every time I see a truck with monster fender flares that stick out WAY past the outside edge of the tire it drives me crazy. I don’t know why, but I don’t get it. For me personally a fender flare should at least be even with the edge of the tire. But that’s just me.

Now, my most favorite mod. That’s a tricky one. There are so many mods that I have seen or have done to my own truck that I really like. A lot. But, if I had to pick just one, I would say a perfectly leveled rig. Whether it’s a complete lift or just a front level lift to eliminate that ridiculous factory rake. It doesn’t matter. But it’s gotta be dead level. Gets me every time.

And you?

NJMOPAR

Older and faster
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Least favorite to look at:
When it's got a 6" lift with 17" tires that have more outside the fenders than in. Like lunar orbit offset.

Most favorite that I've done:
Vararam & 3Gcustomz engine covers
View media item 29593
I went the other way to get a level look, did a 2/2 drop :)
View media item 29373

Last edited:

Loudram

Just a sinner saved by grace
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I agree with you about the fender flares. To me it looks like a dually that's missing the outside wheels.

My favorite mod (so far) is my tonneau cover. It changed to look of the truck and it's functional. A close second are my black lug nut covers. A small, inexpensive mod that really made the wheels look so much nicer.

20200818_112251_HDR.jpg

tron67j

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I have to say favorite mod is the hard tonneau cover I bought to replace the rollback version that finally fell apart after 13 years. Least favorite, the mod to roll coal. Serves no useful or aesthetic purpose. Just gives other diesel trucks a bad name.

Taylor513

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My least favorite mod that I see is a lifted truck that has all the components to make it look like they use it on trails or offroad but they have 24" or larger wheels on it. I don't understand that look and I probably never will.

Most favorite mod is tough.. I was going to say tinted windows, leveled etc but that's already been said so I'll keep it super simple and say the Dee Zee tailgate assist. Will forever be a future mod if it doesn't come with one from the factory.

NapaRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L V6
Since I have done over 50 mods or accessories it's hard to pick one but the 8.4 Nav/Carplay unit has to be first, 7" Cluster is second, and custom Clazzio seat covers are third. Least favorite I can't really think of!

tnctx02

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 RAM SLT
Engine
3.6L Pentastar V6
Least fav mod is the crazy offset wheel youngsters do, so stupid if i get hit with any rocks ever there paying!

Fav mod to many to choose but i agree leveling kit is a must!

2nd favorite tinted windows
I so agree with you on the wheel offsets people do today! Don't understand it. I had to get more offset to do my lift, but it is not much.
Most fav has to be keeping the wife happy with the drop nerf bar steps I installed for her.

OP
OP
Hookedup87

Hookedup87

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Btw, Loudram. Thanks for turning me on to those black lug nut covers. Think it was you in an older thread. Was never happy with the chrome lug nuts on my Blacked Out Big Horn but never found any black lugs and locks I liked. Plus they are expensive. $25 for a set of black lug nut covers from Colorlugs.com was a no brainer. And they look great. Thanks again

Plankton

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
^lol

Least favorite mod: Cali Lean. Why? Why would someone do that? I need to keep my slight rake just to be able to see over the huge hood.

Favorite mod: 5" exhaust tips. They fill that gap so much better.

VelocityC6Z

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Least favorite is totally when somebody does a 6" lift then puts 24's on with a massive offset.

Favorite is all the suspension work that I've done with 17" wheels and tires tucked inside the fender.

Nick_rp

I=V/R
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 1500
Engine
5.7 Sport
favorite mod is tint, i hate driving in a fish bowl.

Im not sure about least favorite. Probably poorly cut springs to lower. Ive ridden in one and its hell on the lower back when the body comes slamming down

Cwils80

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'mma do something different and list my least and most on my truck.

Least favorite I have on my truck is my grille. I went with a cheap aftermarket that looks okay. Better now that I got a grille guard but I wish I just color matched my original. And saved on the grille guard.

Most favorite is my tune. Got a engine and trans tune through Greene Racing. Woke the truck up to a whole other level.

Cwils80

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Least favorite in general would be the insane offset people do. I don't a tiny tiny bit for a meaner stance but some get insane.

kidmandudebro

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Does anyone know where i can get the plastic type of covers that go on an crew cab express if you don't run side steps? i want something that looks like it protects the rockers but its really just covering up the pinch welds. i think they might have come on the express if you didn't order factory side steps right? i got a picture if you guys want to see below.

its not the plastic graphics but below them.

s-l500.jpg

ram1500rsm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Does anyone know where i can get the plastic type of covers that go on an crew cab express if you don't run side steps? i want something that looks like it protects the rockers but its really just covering up the pinch welds. i think they might have come on the express if you didn't order factory side steps right? i got a picture if you guys want to see below.

its not the plastic graphics but below them.

s-l500.jpg
Bushwacker 14064 I believe is what you're looking for.