LED Fog light pods REVIEW / INSTALL PICS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Metalizer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Yea definitely needs 4 total.. Still wondering if the smaller 12W what look good and give enough lighting..
Well the 18w will be wired differently once I get a pair of the 12w. The 12w should put out plenty of light at 1440 lumens, as the 18w are 1660 lumens.

The ONLY thing I don't like about the bracket is when running all 4 they mount staggered rather than even. May have to cut and weld the tab differently.

OP
OP
F

firemedic10584

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It would definitely look much better with all 4, but just the one pair work great
I agree. Just having the spot pair works fine.. I would rather have all 4 pods, but the way they sit I just didn't like it.

I can't tell from your pics, but I was wondering if your lights sit flush with each other or if one sits further back than the other?
When you have 2 pods on each side in the bracket, the top light sits further into the fog hole and the bottom one sits further back if that makes sense.

Well the 18w will be wired differently once I get a pair of the 12w. The 12w should put out plenty of light at 1440 lumens, as the 18w are 1660 lumens.

The ONLY thing I don't like about the bracket is when running all 4 they mount staggered rather than even. May have to cut and weld the tab differently.
I tried to modify the brackets...it didn't turn out too well. I did what you're thinking about doing so the lights sit flush with each other..however, they were touching so now I couldn't aim them up and down or even left and right and they were pointed toward the sky lol. So I just went back down to one light on each side. Like mentioned above, they put out plenty of light for my needs.

Dbenson32

Reaction score
Ram Year
2009 Ram 1500 TRX
Engine
Anyone have a link to the 2500 Rigid Bracket that we need for the 1500's?

Edit: Nvm...found them. Just wasn't sure though since they were $80. Yikes...

RyGuy85

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I was looking to do something similar with my Ram fog lights. Would two spot lights on each side be too bright do you think? Would 1 fog 1 spot on each side be better?

dmullen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Couple of questions for the OP's initial setup...sorry if I missed the answers if they have already been addressed. When you had all four cubes mounted could you run them without getting flashed by other drivers? Once you get the parts from Ebay this becomes a plug-n-ply install with the harnesses right? Finally, do you think the lights will hold up not being in a pod on the backside or having a plastic lens in the front? I would think they were built to be fine on their own. Thanks for the write-up. I've also been wondering what a black bull bar looked like on a white 1500 (I have a 2014 Express) so I was glad to see your pics.

brasso

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 ram 1500 4x4
Engine
5.7 hemi
Does anyone know if theres any other pod brackets for the horizontal fog lights on the 12s besides the $80 rigids?

BeardedGinger

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I Just ordered all my stuff for my setup, should all be here early next week. Hopefully I can get it all installed before my trip.

I went with some Kawell LED Pod's I found on amazon. Great reviews and Reasonable prices. If I don't like them, I will buy some Rigid's with my Tax refund.

By the way AutoAnything has the bracket for the same price with cheaper quick shipping for others interested. Here is a link to the product on their site.
ICI Fog Light Mounting Brackets - LBKT030DG-H

DatacomGuy

Reaction score
I Just ordered all my stuff for my setup, should all be here early next week. Hopefully I can get it all installed before my trip.

I went with some Kawell LED Pod's I found on amazon. Great reviews and Reasonable prices. If I don't like them, I will buy some Rigid's with my Tax refund.

By the way AutoAnything has the bracket for the same price with cheaper quick shipping for others interested. Here is a link to the product on their site.
ICI Fog Light Mounting Brackets - LBKT030DG-H

In for the results... I wanted to do the same, but the Kawell dimensions were quite a bit different than the ones the OP used, and i was worried about how they'd fit.

I'm sure it's fine, but thats why i haven't pulled the trigger - so standing by on how they work out for you. Let us know as soon as you can so i can order mine as well.. :roflsquared:

EDIT: May try this buy.. They look wide.. but, deal is good and reviews are great.

http://www.amazon.com/TMS®-1260lm-C...8&refRID=1B7T5FYN0AYEQ6K077FC#customerReviews

Last edited:

DatacomGuy

Reaction score
Anyone able to get inside dimensions of the brackets? So we know how wide we can go with the cubes?

BeardedGinger

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Datacom, I am supposed to get them tomorrow, I will hook them up to some sort of power and test them out for you before hand. The bracket unfortunately probably wont be here in time for me to do the install before driving to Arizona from Texas for a week.

homeguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Well I finally got the brackets and I ordered up some Rigid D2's and the new DOT fog lights. I also ordered a set of the fogs for my Jeep. Hope to have everything installed soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RyGuy85

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I installed one set yesterday. Used the ICI brackets with KC C3 Cubes (3" x 3"). Now that I know there is a perfect amount of space for another light next to the one I installed of the same size, I'm putting in a set of KC LZR Spots next to my fogs and wiring those to my light bar. Orange lights are wired directly to the OEM fog harness

Attachments

• 20150222_135457.jpg
    20150222_135457.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 2,047

rduchateau2954

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Did anybody ever take spotlight vs floodlight pics?

DatacomGuy

Reaction score
Datacom, I am supposed to get them tomorrow, I will hook them up to some sort of power and test them out for you before hand. The bracket unfortunately probably wont be here in time for me to do the install before driving to Arizona from Texas for a week.

Were you able to check it out?

I've ordered everything but the lights. I may just pull the trigger, should have it all by the weekend to install this weekend.