Led headlight bulbs?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lucasgunzz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
2007 ram 1500 here, looking to get some led headlight bulbs. Any advice on what to get and where? Also some stock oem fog light housings would be nice too as mine are all messed up.

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
DO your lights allow the OEM dust cover to be used or do you have to find a different cover ?
Is there a difference between 40w and 60w for possible overheating ?
Is the 60w too bright and too close to high beam ?
Thanks

Smokeybear01

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 5.9
DO your lights allow the OEM dust cover to be used or do you have to find a different cover ?
Thanks
He states they're 'Plug and Play' which usually means they're a direct replacement for your OEM bulbs and you can use existing housings. Note-LEDs are much cooler than the stock bulbs.

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
He states they're 'Plug and Play' which usually means they're a direct replacement for your OEM bulbs and you can use existing housings. Note-LEDs are much cooler than the stock bulbs.
I though that might be the case but I have read many LED lights that said plug and play the dust cap would not fit ! Also trying to figure out if the extra light from the 60w is too much for oncoming drivers ! any idea ? Thanks

Smokeybear01

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 5.9
I though that might be the case but I have read many LED lights that said plug and play the dust cap would not fit ! Also trying to figure out if the extra light from the 60w is too much for oncoming drivers ! any idea ? Thanks
If they're clocked (positioned) properly they won't bother oncoming vehicles. Unfortunately, too many idiots don't realize that LEDs have to be positioned properly in the housing or they blind everyone. Most bulb suppliers will have in their instructions how to clock the bulb. I had to put super bright ones in my smoked after market housings. I asked a lot of questions and did a lot of research, now my entire truck is LED. I love them.

Johnny_B-Good

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I didn't do enough research on the "dust cap" issue with my SUV when I went all LED. However, with my Laramie, I did a lot of legwork. Went with fanless, plug and play LED's in the high, low, and fog lamps. I have absolutely no issue seeing on the darkest back roads. And all those critters too...

Underground Lighting

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks
For the H13 bulb you shouldnt have a dust cover but if you do, no you can not put it back on. However If you have a single filment bulb like h11, 9006, 9005 etc. Yes the dust cover will go back. I am here to help you figure out what bulb you need. No over heating issues. 60w will be brighter than 40W. Depending on the year and style headlight high beam fitment might be an issue. Projector headlights led will not fit in the high beam. Also the 60 W will not fit in the high beam. For low and fogs you can do either.

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
For the H13 bulb you shouldnt have a dust cover but if you do, no you can not put it back on. However If you have a single filment bulb like h11, 9006, 9005 etc. Yes the dust cover will go back. I am here to help you figure out what bulb you need. No over heating issues. 60w will be brighter than 40W. Depending on the year and style headlight high beam fitment might be an issue. Projector headlights led will not fit in the high beam. Also the 60 W will not fit in the high beam. For low and fogs you can do either.
Sorry forgot to post what lights I have. a 2015 RAM with Quad Lights NOT projectors.. Thanks