Led headlights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BIGMIKE27

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Anyone have recommendations for LED headlights for 2016 ram 1500 prejectors.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'll give you a heads up. Most projectors you'd be better off with hid lights.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PNUTLT1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Get a 55 watt HID kit from Retrofitsource w/ the Proper Relay Resistor Harness!

LED suck!
I dont know why everyone is so obsessed with them, if HIDs blow them out of the water!

EagleChief

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
With projectors, I don't think there's much of an option for LED's. Most of them will not fit in the housing, the light spread is not good. HID's will be your best bet. Retroshop here on the forum can hook you up.

LED's are good... just depends on the housing they are in. The HID lovers hate LED's for some reason, so don't listen to the non-sense.

OP
OP
BIGMIKE27

BIGMIKE27

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
With projectors, I don't think there's much of an option for LED's. Most of them will not fit in the housing, the light spread is not good. HID's will be your best bet. Retroshop here on the forum can hook you up.

LED's are good... just depends on the housing they are in. The HID lovers hate LED's for some reason, so don't listen to the non-sense.
Someone posted a video on YouTube installing opt 7 led kit on dodge ram and was able to fit the ballast in the housing.

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
as already stated, its not in your best interest. LED's are not designed to work properly in a projector....the light pattern will no be right.

I have HID's in my projectors. Very easy install and NO harness because i'm using diode dynamic, anti flicker can-bus adapters.

TonyTone

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I was just researching LED vs HID for my '14 Ram with projectors.
Any HID kits you guys recommend without breaking the bank? Also, are the relay harnesses and anti-flicker harnesses necessary?

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
yes the relay and anti flicker is necessary. More so on a 15 and up but still needed on a 14.

what do you consider as breaking the bank? Jeremy with RetroShop.us - Custom Lighting can get you set up with quality products along with great customer service.

OP
OP
BIGMIKE27

BIGMIKE27

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
as already stated, its not in your best interest. LED's are not designed to work properly in a projector....the light pattern will no be right.

I have HID's in my projectors. Very easy install and NO harness because i'm using diode dynamic, anti flicker can-bus adapters.
Did you install HID in your dog's too, I was thinking of doing both since I drive with my fog lamps on

OP
OP
BIGMIKE27

BIGMIKE27

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Did you install HID in your dog's too, I was thinking of doing both since I drive with my fog lamps on

I meant fogs not dogs

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
actually i put diode dynamic xml2 LED's in my fogs. They are definitely better than stock, however i have lamin-x smoked fog light film on my fogs so that kills the light output some

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juanita Kelley