Level with stock size wheels?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Baoluo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hello to all!
On my 2017 Ram 1500 I just bought new stock size wheels (20x9) and stock size Falken Wildpeak AT3W tires (275/60r20). The wheels are a 0 offset.
I tow a 3500 lbs travel trailer so I had decided not to level the truck.
Now I am thinking I would like the leveled look more. I wouldn’t mind a little rake but not this much.
My question is…Do you think these wheels and tires would look too small for a level?
I have read about the Bilsteins or Fox struts to level.
Also, if I do level would air bags be something that I would need not to sag - I’m assuming I would need some.
Any other reason not to level. My driving is all highway or dirt paths. No off-roading. Maybe I should just keep the factory rake. Anyway…
Thanks for any and all input.
Paul

C547D5DE-2908-4238-B8C3-7E873F46F31D.jpeg

kurek

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Looks are subjective. I've got a 2ish inch lift and 33 inch tires (285 70 17) and can't think of anything wrong with how it looks but chucklers who don't buy tires or gas for me sometimes tell me what tires they think I need.

heckcat9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Air bags will definitely help with squatting under load and 33s and a level will look just fine. What matters most is will you like the way they look and function. :)
Looks are subjective. I've got a 2ish inch lift and 33 inch tires (285 70 17) and can't think of anything wrong with how it looks but chucklers who don't buy tires or gas for me sometimes tell me what tires they think I need.
Disregard your wallet and your hearing... get 40 inch Super Swampers. - Fellow Chuckler :Big Laugh:

OP
OP
Baoluo

Baoluo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks to you both! Yes looks are subjective. I would really love to lift it and make it a beast. But I guess I’m too old and practical. It’s a daily driver and mostly highway and I tow every couple of weeks. So trying to be practical for these reasons. But I also don’t want it to look like an old man truck.

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I personally think a level would look just fine with the stock size tires.

I am a more leveled look type of guy when it comes to unloaded trucks. However, the sagging *** end look when towing drives me crazy. Thats why i level my trucks and add air bags for towing…best of both worlds.

Also, to get an idea of the look you will end up with if you level the truck with the current tire/wheel setup, put a floor jack under the front of the truck and jack it up a few inches…stand back and admire what your truck would look like when leveled.