Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JRob79

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
So I have a 2021 1500. I am wanting to get a quality leveling kit. I have been looking at The Carli Commuter (it should released soon). They claim to put in a lot of R&D.
I would be open to other option or brands.
One of my other questions is how leveling the truck will effect my towing characteristics. I tow a travel trailer a three or four times a year some trips are kind of substantial. I have been told airbags but some say airbags hinder the suspension when not towing.

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Airbags would be a good choice if you’re not always loaded since you can air them down. Otherwise some good heavier duty springs are nice as well but can stiffen the ride up when not loaded down. What size travel trailer? A good weight distribution hitch setup is key. What do you plan on doing with the truck otherwise? Lots of off-roading? What type of off-roading? If so a set of adjustable shocks would be a good idea. @Nick@GotExhaust is a forum vendor and is extremely knowledgeable about parts for our trucks.

OP
OP
JRob79

JRob79

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
My travel trailer is 5k max weight I do use a weight distribution hitch.
Beyond that my truck is a daily driver. We ta also the main family vehicle for any trips other than camping. I do some light off roading but that has taken a back seat since my son has come along.
That’s why the Carli commuter has intrigued me, they claim a ride quality improvement. Their level kit has new rear springs. But I’m concerned that even with the weight distribution hitch it might effect towing performance negatively.
Which is why I’m hoping some one here may have advice.

I will ask Nick what he thinks.

Quick_Shifter

IG: @ak_trucks_pa
Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
My travel trailer is 5k max weight I do use a weight distribution hitch.
Beyond that my truck is a daily driver. We ta also the main family vehicle for any trips other than camping. I do some light off roading but that has taken a back seat since my son has come along.
That’s why the Carli commuter has intrigued me, they claim a ride quality improvement. Their level kit has new rear springs. But I’m concerned that even with the weight distribution hitch it might effect towing performance negatively.
Which is why I’m hoping some one here may have advice.

I will ask Nick what he thinks.
Upgraded wheels and tires help with towing a lot. Going from the junk factory tires to E rated takes a lot of wag out of the back end. I do the airlift kits (the one above the helper springs. Not the ones that go inside the coil springs)