Leveling kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lightning Lawn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7l hemi
So I have a 2016 ram 1500 5.7l hemi I want to level the front to the rear but I was reading stuff last night that if I leveled up front it’ll give a permanent camber issue that can’t be fixed but I want to know if that’s only for a certain height the back of my truck wheel well from ground to wheel well is 38 inches I want to level the front The 38 inches as well or as close to as possible it’s a 2.5 to 3 inch Difference I want to get some other peoples opinions or people who have done this and it ended horribly wrong and would not tell me what y’all have thank you appreciate you

Ohio5pt7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Mine is leveled 3" in the front 2" rear with the motofab kit. More of a lift now I guess but no issues and 20k plus miles and still rolling.20190708_144440.jpeg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

buddy guy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
So I have a 2016 ram 1500 5.7l hemi I want to level the front to the rear but I was reading stuff last night that if I leveled up front it’ll give a permanent camber issue that can’t be fixed but I want to know if that’s only for a certain height the back of my truck wheel well from ground to wheel well is 38 inches I want to level the front The 38 inches as well or as close to as possible it’s a 2.5 to 3 inch Difference I want to get some other peoples opinions or people who have done this and it ended horribly wrong and would not tell me what y’all have thank you appreciate you

stay about 2 inches when leveling up front and you'll be ok. its going 2.5 inches plus (quite commonly here 2.8 that bilstein 5100s give) that can be the issue and hard on upper ball joints. that's why i went only 2.1 inches (effective 2 inches when checking after) with my new bilstein 5100s so i didn't have to worry about changing my upper control arms to accomodate a new geometry that could affect my ball joints. I think it's also going to depend what your driving plan is as well. my truck is a pavement queen. I think i could probably go 2.8 without issue. But I wanted to be as sure as i could be. Plus at 2.8 I would likely have had to have added a spacer on the back shocks to level. i am dead level now on my Ram... my driveway has an incline btw. i am 39 1/4" all around. only change was bilstein 5100s at 2.1 setting on the front and a wheel alignment after and its well within specs:

level.jpg

Last edited:

Ohio5pt7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
stay about 2 inches when leveling up front and you'll be ok. its going 2.5 inches plus (quite commonly here 2.8 that bilstein 5100s give) that can be the issue and hard on upper ball joints. that's why i went only 2.1 inches (effective 2 inches when checking after) with my new bilstein 5100s so i didn't have to worry about changing my upper control arms to accomodate a new geometry that could affect my ball joints. I think it's also going to depend what your driving plan is as well. my truck is a pavement queen. I think i could probably go 2.8 without issue. But I wanted to be as sure as i could be. Plus at 2.8 I would likely have had to have added a spacer on the back shocks to level. i am dead level now on my Ram... my driveway has an incline btw. i am 39 1/4" all around. only change was bilstein 5100s at 2.1 setting on the front and a wheel alignment after and its well within specs:

View attachment 173832
To this point when I went 3" I put on rough countrys 3" upper control arms for piece of mind.

Ohio5pt7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
My wheel wheels are about 40 1/4 up front and 42 1/4 in the rear. I wanted clearance for new wheels and tire not necessarily level since I tow a heavy TT.

Blue2500CC

Reaction score
Ram Year
‘18
Engine
To this point when I went 3" I put on rough countrys 3" upper control arms for piece of mind.

Out of curiosity, what made you decide on the Rough Country uca vs any of the other ones available?

Have you been able to parole the truck from the dealer yet? Hope all is ok with it!!!

TY!!!

Lightning,

I’m also trying to figure out what level/lift to go with for our new to us ‘18.

We will be towing some, so I want to keep at least a little bit of rake. I have considered some bags in the rear as well if I don’t go with a spacer, or a smaller vs larger spacer.

I am considering the set up Ohio has, or maybe the Bils at 2.8, or possibly the Eibach front set up for approximately a 3” level/lift in the front.

Please keep us (me) posted on what you decide, and what helped make that decision.

TY!!!

Puba08

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Bils at 2.8 with Air Lift 5000’s in the rear. No issues ever.
1970dda5f979bfced0d65ad29237ff63.jpg
I did buy Zone UCA’s only cause I got them new for $200.
Here is the same as above with Zone 1.5 Body Lift added
dc691048a2da0a2056340d8bd275b33a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

FF1899

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have ready lift control arms pending sale right now if not they will be up for grabs soon

Ohio5pt7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Out of curiosity, what made you decide on the Rough Country uca vs any of the other ones available?

Have you been able to parole the truck from the dealer yet? Hope all is ok with it!!!

TY!!!

Lightning,

I’m also trying to figure out what level/lift to go with for our new to us ‘18.

We will be towing some, so I want to keep at least a little bit of rake. I have considered some bags in the rear as well if I don’t go with a spacer, or a smaller vs larger spacer.

I am considering the set up Ohio has, or maybe the Bils at 2.8, or possibly the Eibach front set up for approximately a 3” level/lift in the front.

Please keep us (me) posted on what you decide, and what helped make that decision.

TY!!!
I went with the rough country because 1. Cost 2. Wasnt a must by any means. Imo the RC arms are well fit for my set up and look nice being tubular.

I also got the truck back with some bs answers but we will see it's on their dime in writing now if there is a failure.

The set up i went with works perfect for me on my 18. I got the ride height I wanted yet maintained enough rake for heavier loads.

RobGrogan17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

View attachment 173832
Buddy Guy, any chance you could reply with the level kit parts you used? Your truck looks great!

buddy guy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Thank you! Just the Bilstein 5100s on front at the 2.1" setting I believe it is. I thought about adding spacers on the back but I rarely carry a heavy load in the back. She's a street queen. Still very happy with the Bilstein ride and handling. I've had a chance to drive on extreme winter conditions since installing. Still great. The installers said Billys are one of the few aftermarket options they have that rarely have problems in winter.

Sent from my SM-N960W using Tapatalk

RobGrogan17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Awesome, thanks. A general question for you or anyone else installing the Bilstein 5100 kit all around. I have standard garage doors, with a couple of inches of clearance. Anyone experience any garage door height issues?

buddy guy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
My garage height is standard too. Haven't checked clearance but no issues at all. My problem is my truck is too damn long to get right in, even diagonally! (storage shelves on both sides!l

Sent from my SM-N960W using Tapatalk