Leveling

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Michael McNeil

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Hey guys new here! I have a 2015 Ram 1500 and im really trying to avoid a suspension lift but i want to get rid of the rake in it.. it had a 2.5 inch level when i bought it and i replaced that with a 3.5 inch level but its sits exactly the same. I just bought rancho quick struts and was going to buy ready lift upper control arms so i could stack the leveling pucks on top since the ready lift control arms support lifts up to 6 inches but i dont know if thats such a good idea! Help!

20190103_120356.jpg

hodge-xj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
I'm gonna go out on a wild guess here and say you already have a suspension lift in that thing man. What's the measurement from the center of your rear wheel at the hub to the fender well?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

WilliamS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You probably forgot about the rear being lifted. You are chasing yourself around in circle. No level in the world will get the front high enough to overcome the rear being lifted any. Look for a scaper or longer spring (likely a spacer) as for using a lift strut and spacer puck, thats a big no no

OP
OP
M

Michael McNeil

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Theres only a 3.5" leveling kit in the front and as far as the rear goes i dont see on top or bottom a spacer... it has fox shocks in the rear which were on it when i bought it, would those make the difference? Everything done to the truck was done before i bought it.

hodge-xj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
Theres only a 3.5" leveling kit in the front and as far as the rear goes i dont see on top or bottom a spacer... it has fox shocks in the rear which were on it when i bought it, would those make the difference?
Take a measurement from the center of the wheel to the top of the fender opening. I have a stock truck and can confirm what the number should be. It sure looks lifted in the rear. This is my truck with a 2.5 level and stock rear. 6750200b8a2fea8598b9c05175bece9f.jpg

OP
OP
M

Michael McNeil

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Take a measurement from the center of the wheel to the top of the fender opening. I have a stock truck and can confirm what the number should be. It sure looks lifted in the rear. This is my truck with a 2.5 level and stock rear. 6750200b8a2fea8598b9c05175bece9f.jpg

So what should I look for? I know what spacer is supposed to go in the rear and I am not seeing one, only thing different in the rear is the fox shocks the previous owner installed.

hodge-xj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
So what should I look for? I know what spacer is supposed to go in the rear and I am not seeing one, only thing different in the rear is the fox shocks the previous owner installed.
The springs may be completely different and not have a spacer. Snap a few pics and take some measurements, from center of wheel to the the edge of fender. We're kinda flying blind until we have some info aside from the pic posted.

Reactions: JB1

dirtyd1833

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
That truck was almost certainly lifted at some point, from what you are saying the used springs, not spacers for the rear. This is my '15 with a front level only.
260e201a08a895eab12e42571d8256d0.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

Michael McNeil

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
The springs may be completely different and not have a spacer. Snap a few pics and take some measurements, from center of wheel to the the edge of fender. We're kinda flying blind until we have some info aside from the pic posted.

So the front is 23" from center of wheel to fender edge and the rear is 26" from center of wheel to fender edge. Its 7" from top of tire to fender edge in front and 10" from top of tire to fender edge in rear.

OP
OP
M

Michael McNeil

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
That truck was almost certainly lifted at some point, from what you are saying the used springs, not spacers for the rear.
Never thought about that being the issue i will look into that. I just assumed if there was a lift in the rear the guy would have used spacers in the rear as well.

hodge-xj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
My front and rear are both 24" center of wheel to fender. Previous owner installed a spacer on mine so I can't be 100% on size or brand but it's level. Your rear end is definitely lifted from stock. Can you get any pictures of your suspension?

OP
OP
M

Michael McNeil

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
My front and rear are both 24" center of wheel to fender. Previous owner installed a spacer on mine so I can't be 100% on size or brand but it's level. Your rear end is definitely lifted from stock. Can you get any pictures of your suspension?

I can in the morning its to dark out now to get any pictures of it. Everyone that i have talked to has only ever had to put spacers in the front to level their truck so thats why i jumped right into changing out the spacers to bigger ones in the front. My buddy installed 2.5 inch spacers in the front and it lifted his whole truck and made it level so thats where my frustration and confusion comes in. I will be looking into the rear coil situation next.

hodge-xj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
I can in the morning its to dark out now to get any pictures of it. Everyone that i have talked to has only ever had to put spacers in the front to level their truck so thats why i jumped right into changing out the spacers to bigger ones in the front. My buddy installed 2.5 inch spacers in the front and it lifted his whole truck and made it level so thats where my frustration and confusion comes in. I will be looking into the rear coil situation next.
Understandable. Get a bunch of pics of everything, front and rear. See if the coils have a part number on them. It's odd with your rear end being so high yet your front sits lower than mine with a larger spacer up front. You may be lucky and have a lift kit already installed and just need some shock upgrades. Or you have some crazy stuff from the old owner and we'll get you goin in the right direction.

OP
OP
M

Michael McNeil

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Understandable. Get a bunch of pics of everything, front and rear. See if the coils have a part number on them. It's odd with your rear end being so high yet your front sits lower than mine with a larger spacer up front. You may be lucky and have a lift kit already installed and just need some shock upgrades. Or you have some crazy stuff from the old owner and we'll get you goin in the right direction.

Will do. And yes thats what I'm not understanding, is it possible that my front struts are worn out and need to be replaced as well? I know he installed the fox max trac shocks in the rear but as far as coils go Im unsure i will take a look in the morning. Ive always owned trucks but never had the money to do mods like this so its all new for me.

hodge-xj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
Will do. And yes thats what I'm not understanding, is it possible that my front struts are worn out and need to be replaced as well? I know he installed the fox max trac shocks in the rear but as far as coils go Im unsure i will take a look in the morning. Ive always owned trucks but never had the money to do mods like this so its all new for me.
Is your truck 2wd?

hodge-xj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
Ok, than yea unless you have a drop bracket lift up front already installed you might have a tough time eliminating all that rake. Snap a bunch of pictures of everything front, rear, close ups of the parts, full view of under the truck, angles of all the suspension components. If anything has a visible part number or sticker. Can't ever have too much info. We'll get you some solid answers.

OP
OP
M

Michael McNeil

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Ok, than yea unless you have a drop bracket lift up front already installed you might have a tough time eliminating all that rake. Snap a bunch of pictures of everything front, rear, close ups of the parts, full view of under the truck, angles of all the suspension components. If anything has a visible part number or sticker. Can't ever have too much info. We'll get you some solid answers.

this was the best i could do as far as part numbers i couldnt find any except on struts in the front.

20190104_180018.jpg

20190104_175954.jpg

20190104_175819.jpg

20190104_164115.jpg

20190104_164103.jpg

GIJoe2010

No sh*t, there I was . . .
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Rear looks OEM with Fox shocks, so that’s stock height. However, we REALLY need to see the upper portion of the rear springs. Use the flash on your camera or another light, as it’s hard to see in your pics. The front strut is definitely OEM as you can see the Pentastar logo. What we need to see is better pics of the top of the front struts/coils to see what kind of pucks/spacers you got up there.