Lifetime Warranty...or not?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

swanny297

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
If you are going to lift or heavily mod your truck unless you use a lift friendly dealership you are wasting your money

HAMMER77777

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 HEMI
If you are going to lift or heavily mod your truck unless you use a lift friendly dealership you are wasting your money

Good point. Me, i dont plan to do any of that, so hopefully, I'll be fine.

Kap1

Ex Ram 1500 2013 owner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Tundra
Engine
3.5 vvti
After reading this thread, i went back to check my paperwork...

I actually bought a 8yr/120k miles warranty that stealership sold me during the sale of my new truck. I paid for it ... wait, here it comes: $2750 :(

The warranty is from Century Warranty, which has horrible reviews online - basically "good luck" to get them to cover anything, and even then they'll only cover it partially.

I read through the terms, and looks like i can still cancel it while only loosing something around $400, so i'm planning to do just that.

I'm then thinking of maybe getting a Mopar vehicle protection.. or not. haven't decided yet.

loveracing1988

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
After reading this thread, i went back to check my paperwork...

I actually bought a 8yr/120k miles warranty that stealership sold me during the sale of my new truck. I paid for it ... wait, here it comes: $2750 :(

The warranty is from Century Warranty, which has horrible reviews online - basically "good luck" to get them to cover anything, and even then they'll only cover it partially.

I read through the terms, and looks like i can still cancel it while only loosing something around $400, so i'm planning to do just that.

I'm then thinking of maybe getting a Mopar vehicle protection.. or not. haven't decided yet.

The sooner your cancel it the better. The value you will get back decreases for every day and mile after the sale. Be prepared for a lot of runaround from the dealer as well because they will lose the commission on the sale so they will make it as difficult as possible to cancel it. I traded in my fusion so I can let my extended warranty. It took me 3 seperate trips to the dealer because no one would ever return my phone calls.

jc55

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
I was going to go with the Lifetime, but I realized I wasn't going to keep my car much past 6 years. I decided to go with mechanical breakdown insurance instead. Comes out to about 800 dollars over the course of 6 years / 100k through my insurance company, and covers basically everything except wear items. Can cancel it at any time.