lift install issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tommyguns

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I worked all day and thought I would get a jump on my lift because the weather is supposed to be iffy tomorrow. Everything was going smooth until I tried to remove the steering knuckle. I have everything apart including the bottom bolt that holds it to the lower control arm. I can not get it to break free for the life of me I have tried everything under the sun. Anybody have a suggestion for me to try tomorrow when I go back at it.
thanks

MiRamDriver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It's difficult to help if you don't tell us how it's still attached to the vehicle. In your post you say that everything is apart...

I'm assuming that it's attached via the upper ball joint. Now, you can do two things - one, soak the upper part of the knuckle in penetrating oil. Then hit the side of the knuckle with a hammer where the ball joint shank goes through the knuckle. Then try mildly tapping on the bottom of the upper ball joint shank as well. Lastly, be sure to leave the nut on and partially unscrewed so that the knuckle doesn't fall and break something, namely your foot.

straightravage

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Same for me I banged on the housing with a rubber mallet hard.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Orca