Lift on 2019 ram 1500 tradesman

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Eagle2006

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 1500 Tradesman
Engine
Hemi 5.4
So I’m attempting to “love” my truck by putting some nice rims on and I need new tires already. So it’s on the factory 18 inch tires now and I’d like to put on some 20 inch all seasons. Now, I’ve never actually purchased new rims- I like the RDR rims and they’re in my price range. I emailed the shop and he sent me this message back- “Hey! We could definitely fit 33x12.50R20's on there with no issues. If you want to fit 35x12.50R20 we would either have to do some very minor trimming or a level kit which is only $300 installed. Were you looking for a 20 inch or 18 inch wheel?” So, I don’t have the off road package on my truck. I’ve never had any sort of level kit installed on a vehicle and I’m not sure how they work. Obviously there would be some height added to the truck. My truck has been the truck from hell so far lol most seems to be working itself out now finally. Although the latest **** show is the tailgate decides whether it’s going go open and just does what it wants. Some days it’s opens and some days it doesn’t. Dodge had the nerve to tell me if they opened it and it was fine, that they would charge me a $50 no fault found fee. Mother of god, guys. I can’t even with this truck lmao. So anyhow, I’m concerned about putting a level kit in it. Should I just avoid it? I have the extended warranty so would that mess with that as well? I don’t want wide tires as they aren’t my style and I’m not fond of the way they look. But the 20 inch tires I think would look good. Anyone have any photos of theirs? Thanks

DRkNESS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I say that you do 20” wheels but pair it with 33x11.50 tires and that way they won’t stick out on yaaaa.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quick_Shifter

IG: @ak_trucks_pa
Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
So I’m attempting to “love” my truck by putting some nice rims on and I need new tires already. So it’s on the factory 18 inch tires now and I’d like to put on some 20 inch all seasons. Now, I’ve never actually purchased new rims- I like the RDR rims and they’re in my price range. I emailed the shop and he sent me this message back- “Hey! We could definitely fit 33x12.50R20's on there with no issues. If you want to fit 35x12.50R20 we would either have to do some very minor trimming or a level kit which is only $300 installed. Were you looking for a 20 inch or 18 inch wheel?” So, I don’t have the off road package on my truck. I’ve never had any sort of level kit installed on a vehicle and I’m not sure how they work. Obviously there would be some height added to the truck. My truck has been the truck from hell so far lol most seems to be working itself out now finally. Although the latest **** show is the tailgate decides whether it’s going go open and just does what it wants. Some days it’s opens and some days it doesn’t. Dodge had the nerve to tell me if they opened it and it was fine, that they would charge me a $50 no fault found fee. Mother of god, guys. I can’t even with this truck lmao. So anyhow, I’m concerned about putting a level kit in it. Should I just avoid it? I have the extended warranty so would that mess with that as well? I don’t want wide tires as they aren’t my style and I’m not fond of the way they look. But the 20 inch tires I think would look good. Anyone have any photos of theirs? Thanks

Anytime you alter the height of your suspension you need an alignment. Even if the shop installs a $60 leveling kit installed there is no alignment for $300. I would move on. Custom Offsets has a gallery on there website that is good for showing sizes and stances, I recommend checking them out. If you are happy with your current height I would advise listening to @DRkNESS advice and get a tire that fits

OP
OP
E

Eagle2006

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 1500 Tradesman
Engine
Hemi 5.4
I say that you do 20” wheels but pair it with 33x11.50 tires and that way they won’t stick out on yaaaa.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Thanks! I think I’m going to do just that! I snuck it into Ford to see what they’d give me for trade in value and they came back with $30,000. Now I’m used to the 5.7 HEmi and V8 so I don’t think I’d let it go for that and then buy a Ford XLT for $47,000 on top of that. Haha so new rims and tires here I come!