Lift options

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Heber Perez

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hello to all
I am toying with the idea of lifting my truck I own a 2016 RAM 1500 Lonestar 5.7 Hemi 2WD. I first have to figure out the tires, but I would like to know your opinion on what would be my budget friendly options for at least a 2" lift, without compromising on quality and performance. I have to say that I do not plan to mud or off-road with it, just have a nice lifted truck that I can be proud of "showing off" a little, do not blame me for this! :hmm:, thanks in advance for all the help you can give me.

Last edited:

ram1500rsm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I did Rancho 2” QL when I was in your situation. Out with the factory ones and in with the new ones. Plug and play install.
You also have Bilstein 5100’s set at 2.1” or Eibach adj struts that can also be set to 2”. The advantage with the last 2 options is that you can go a little higher to 2.8” if you wanted/needed or lower as they are adjustable to 4 positions including stock.
There are are more expensive options as well if you’re willing to go that route. They will perform better as well.

There are cheaper options if you use spacers and want the looks. Some can be as cheap as $50 eBay specials.
It’ll be a better idea to go the strut route and if you’re doing just 2” you can replace front only, then decide later on if you want to add more lift to the front or rear or both.

Good luck.

8732cuts

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2"it's a leveling kit 60+, inexpensive option parts and labor about 300. Bilsteins are adjustable gives the truck a smooth ride and cost around 300+labor 200+. Your right depends on wheel and tire size your looking for. Question is once you start lifting truck will 2"be sufficient. Do you want Street look or 4x4 look? Is truck 4x4, 4x2. You decide.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

BOWERSFJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Bils up front at 2.1” with 295/60R20’s ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Heber Perez

Heber Perez

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have personally used two kits, and my work has used 2 or three.
All awesome craftsmanship, excellent quality

Are you talking about the suspension kits or the leveling kits?

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
Are you talking about the suspension kits or the leveling kits?
Both, we have lifted some, and lowered some.
I personally have two 4.5/3" lifts. But we have used lowering kits, and leveling kits from Maxtrac.
All great components, and wonderful people there in general.

Maxtrac Suspension

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L V8
@Graygoose Thank you for the kind words and support as always. We truly appreciate it. @Heber Perez If you have any questions about any products we offer feel free to shoot us a PM on here or you can email or call us. Happy to help you out

RedSRT4Me

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 CC Sport
Engine
Hello to all
I am toying with the idea of lifting my truck I own a 2016 RAM 1500 Lonestar 5.7 Hemi 2WD. I first have to figure out the tires, but I would like to know your opinion on what would be my budget friendly options for at least a 2" lift, without compromising on quality and performance. I have to say that I do not plan to mud or off-road with it, just have a nice lifted truck that I can be proud of "showing off" a little, do not blame me for this! :hmm:, thanks in advance for all the help you can give me.

Like Goose I also have a 2wd crewcab lifted on the 7" lift kit. Kit has been great!

The cheapest on your wallet will be what goose mentioned. A 4.5" front with 3" rear. You can run up to 35" tires on this setup

On the 7" it will clear 37's however get the Maxtrac upper control arms! You'll need it with the biggest lift to allow the suspension to flex and articulate properly. If not the upper ball joints will die followed by the lowers and the tie rod ends. The weight of the 37's will also have an effect as well.

Good luck! Enjoy

20190816_212918.jpg

Last edited:

novelmike

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CST spindle lift!
USA made.
Stock steering geometry retained.
No need to worry about a rougher ride because you’re not changing your coil springs. But because you’re increasing the tire size (weight) new shocks would be a good.
Did I mention Made in the U.S?!?!?

Last edited: