Lift question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Skram1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hi i got Ram 1500 classic here in Australia and what to do lift kit on it.
Right now i got blistein 5100 on .7(lower setting) with 2” lift spring and RC uca. So question is if i do the blistein on 2.1 setting and with spring it will lift allup 4.1”. Do i need to install anything else to maintain that lift in long term.
Rear i got blistein as well with no lift spring. But will be adding 2” longer spring to make it level.
Cheers

kurek

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Right now i got blistein 5100 on .7(lower setting) with 2” lift spring and RC uca. So question is if i do the blistein on 2.1 setting and with spring it will lift allup 4.1”.

That's going to be undriveable.

The factory geometry gives you less than 9 inches of total suspension travel per front wheel. The wheel can travel up around 4 inches and down around 4.5 inches, give or take a fraction.

When you lift the suspension using springs or struts or spacers or any combination of those things, without relocating the control arms & using taller lift knuckles, you're just trading some down travel for some up travel.

Example if you lift 2 inches, now you have about 6 inches of up-travel and about 2.5 inches of down travel. The more you raise it the more like a pogo stick it rides because the wheel can't droop to follow the terrain.

If you try to get 4 inches of lift by stacking a spring on a strut lift you're going to have a truck that's good for rolling on and off a show trailer & nothing more.

I understand that lift regulations are different in Australia than in the USA so it may not be possible (legally) to do a proper, bracket and knuckles 4" lift but that's really the only way to achieve that and still drive the truck. Or use a body lift to make up the height you want.

You can fit 35" tires with the 2" of lift you have already, some guys even manage to get 37's under a truck with minimal lift so that's another way to gain clearance as long as you have the gearing to turn big tires.

OP
OP
Skram1500

Skram1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
That's going to be undriveable.

The factory geometry gives you less than 9 inches of total suspension travel per front wheel. The wheel can travel up around 4 inches and down around 4.5 inches, give or take a fraction.

When you lift the suspension using springs or struts or spacers or any combination of those things, without relocating the control arms & using taller lift knuckles, you're just trading some down travel for some up travel.

Example if you lift 2 inches, now you have about 6 inches of up-travel and about 2.5 inches of down travel. The more you raise it the more like a pogo stick it rides because the wheel can't droop to follow the terrain.

If you try to get 4 inches of lift by stacking a spring on a strut lift you're going to have a truck that's good for rolling on and off a show trailer & nothing more.

I understand that lift regulations are different in Australia than in the USA so it may not be possible (legally) to do a proper, bracket and knuckles 4" lift but that's really the only way to achieve that and still drive the truck. Or use a body lift to make up the height you want.

You can fit 35" tires with the 2" of lift you have already, some guys even manage to get 37's under a truck with minimal lift so that's another way to gain clearance as long as you have the gearing to turn big tires.
Thanks for the information. I am already running 35” tyres on 20x10-18. They fit easy n no problem. Just want to go for more lift. I reckon i will go for the 2” body lift. Cheers

OP
OP
Skram1500

Skram1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks for the information. I am already running 35” tyres on 20x10-18. They fit easy n no problem. Just want to go for more lift. I reckon i will go for the 2” body lift. Cheers
Amd with the body lift i am looking at 3” performance accessories kit available at Amazon. Is that good brand over there. Cheers

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowrider357