Lifters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ramffml

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Lifters gone on 2014 Dodge Ram 1500 5.7 Hemi. 210,000 km. What’s recommended. Replace or get another motor

Depends on the condition of the truck, how much money you have in it, 210k is not that much to be honest you could probably almost double that once your engine is replaced/fixed.

Generally Ram replaces the engine if you have lifter failure under warranty and they find shavings on the screen of the VVT solenoid. They figure at that point shavings have gone through your engine and don't want the risk of ruining it a second time due to poor/inadequate cleaning of the block. However, with the age of your truck/engine its probably worth the risk to just get it as clean as you can, have a garage do it or something otherwise. A number of guys here don't worry about it and just clean it and have had great success, maybe change the first filter/oil pretty quickly.

Racer9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Several options, just depends on what you're willing to spend on it.
Sell the truck as is and let someone else fix it.
Used motor, they seem pretty common, trucks usually rust or wreck around the drivetrain.
Rebuild yours, since you will have to remove the heads, you might as well pull the bottom end and do rings and bearings, etc.
Long block, just install the bolt on parts from yours.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Lifters gone on 2014 Dodge Ram 1500 5.7 Hemi. 210,000 km. What’s recommended. Replace or get another motor
These guys have new OEM long block 5.7 crate engines in Calgary for $6800. If that's the way you'd rather go.
The ad has no phone number,just an address,so i'd make a point of driving over to them,to check the engines out,says there's 10 available.

10 units left
3505 16st sw Calgary Ab

Jeepwalker

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Reg Cab, 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
With 130,488 *miles* (I used a calculator...lol) .....there should still be a lot of life and many yrs left in that truck. Assuming it's in average condition. I have an old Chevy that has 275k miles on it, and I've knows plenty of guys get 300k miles out of highway-driven pickups. But if it's getting all rusty, then??. Hey, keep us posted what you end up doing. Sorry to hear about your woes BTW. That's a bummer ..something a lot of us Ram owners dread the thought of.

Best Regards!

J-13GTP

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L
If I was in your situation I would just have the lifters and cam replaced. If your at the point that you know the lifters are done then the cam is likely done also. Go with stock OEM replacments and buy them from a parts store or somewhere reputable . Dont buy ebay or amazon lifters as they are knock offs and probably wont work. Check your VVT solenoid and clean it if needed. Hopefully you caught it before you find metal on it.