Lighting Issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hayners334

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
2014 Ram 1500, with quad headlights. When I bought it, it had LED low and high beams, and worked with no problem. A few days ago, I switched to a different brand of bulb(Auxbeam F-16 Plus), and I am now getting an intermittent left side bulb out message, with a B162A code. The bulb is working, just having the bulb out message popping up randomly. I went in with AlfaOBD and switched the low and high beam to LED, still intermittently got the message. I again went in, and enabled HID, still getting the message intermittently. I went back through and checked all the connections, that is all good. The other low beam bulb is working fine, and the high beam bulbs are working fine. I'm at a loss as to what else it could be - is it possible that it is an issue with the bulb itself or the driver attached to it?

Edward Alvarez

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I'm thinking it could be the driver remember ram uses canbus and sometimes even if the bulb works if the driver is faulty could trigger the error message ....i had a similar issue where the bulb worked fine however I was getting the error message and found out it was the driver

OP
OP
H

hayners334

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm thinking it could be the driver remember ram uses canbus and sometimes even if the bulb works if the driver is faulty could trigger the error message ....i had a similar issue where the bulb worked fine however I was getting the error message and found out it was the driver
Thats the direction I'm leaning as well. I have checked and rechecked everything else, I pulled that one out and replaced it with the one that was in it when I bought the truck, and got no message, so its gotta be something with that bulb or the driver for it. I contacted the seller, and they are sending out another set for me, so hopefully those are good.