List of issues all of a sudden

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

144FA

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 i6
Hey guys, new to the forum, been lurking for a while. I just bought a 2017 SLT 2500. Everything has been fine until last few days.

All lights up front no longer work, headlights, low and high, turn signals, hazards, NOTHING works anymore.

AC no longer blows cold, blows air fine, blend door works but compressor will not kick on.

Washer fluid light just came on, topped it off and light stays on. Will not spray fluid.

What the heck?! I recently installed a backup camera and remote start without issues. Started right after remote start install though. Could it be related??

I thought I basked up my settings in Alfaobd but I guess I did it wrong and there's no back up for me to even try.

Anyone have any ideas?

OP
OP

144FA

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 i6
Tried so far:
Removed positive battery terminals (few minutes)
Removed negative terminals (about 18 hours)
Reset RF hub
Unplugged ac control module under dash, let sit for 20 minutes
Unplugged the AC control with the nobs and let sit a few minutes
Drove around for half hour to see if needed to reset

Nothing so far has helped.

danielmid

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Sport 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
How intensive was the remote start install? Wire hacking install? If that's the last thing before issues, that's the logical place to start for troubleshooting.

OP
OP

144FA

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 i6
How intensive was the remote start install? Wire hacking install? If that's the last thing before issues, that's the logical place to start for troubleshooting.
I tracked the wire back to the plug under the fuse box, the other side was unpopulated so I just pulled the pin and grounded it with a 1k resistor.

For troubleshooting, I pulled the wire from ground just to see but had no effect. I have not tried unprogramming the remote start with Alfa but I guess it's worth a shot.

Jeepwalker

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Reg Cab, 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Welcome aboard!

Hey, while it may have something to do with the remote start, consider swinging by Autozone, or OReilly's and get a 'free' battery load test, just in case. It's easy/quick/cheap. Low batteries can make these tks act weird. Ask them to do an on-vehicle charging check too, since they've got the machine hooked up. Could be during the install process the doors were open and ran the battery low too (which set off battery wear, it it was weak anyway). May not be the batt, but worth verifying these things before spending a bunch of time de-bugging various systems.

But if it checks out fine, ask if they can scan for codes. Record them. Clear codes, run vehicle and scan again. Let us know what you come up with. Could well be the remote start, but eliminate some basics.

OP
OP

144FA

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 i6
It was all self induced. The plug I pulled the wire to ground for the remote start wasn't fully seated. The plug was together but was just a hair from being complete. I grabbed it and squeezed really hard and it clicked very slightly barley even noticable but it fixed everything. The plug was even latched already. Feeling pretty stupid. I checked fault codes and there were like 20 or more. Realized my horn wasn't even working so I figured it had to be related to my modifications.

BuschLatte420

chill water by day, drink beer by night
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 classic tradesmen crew cab 6’4 box
Engine
5.7L NON E-TORQUE 3.92 gears 4x4
It was all self induced. The plug I pulled the wire to ground for the remote start wasn't fully seated. The plug was together but was just a hair from being complete. I grabbed it and squeezed really hard and it clicked very slightly barley even noticable but it fixed everything. The plug was even latched already. Feeling pretty stupid. I checked fault codes and there were like 20 or more. Realized my horn wasn't even working so I figured it had to be related to my modifications.
Glad it was a easy fix ish!

gofishn

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 5th Gen, Big Horn, 4X4, Crew Cab, 6'4" Box
Engine
hemi 5.7L, 345 cu in
Strongly suggest, henceforth, do ONE and only ONE modification. Then wait a week or 10, before doing another Modification.
This way, you will not be guessing:was it teh remote start, the rear camera, the Computer hack job, the whatever the heck you do next.

gtomike60

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Glad you got it figured out and it was a simple fix...these things happens on occasion