Lit up CAI Tube

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Zachohs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ok, this is just a random idea, but is there a company which makes a clear CAI intake tube, because then they could embed led's in it and put a small wheel at the front or somewhere and have it somehow power the led's in the tube and have it light up, which would be pretty awesome is you ask me?

So, is there something like that?

Thanks,
Zach

ramhunter9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
P-Star Jeep Wrangler
Not that I am aware of

BlackedOutHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 & 2012
Engine
5.7L HEMI & 6.7L Cummins
I've seen stuff like this for the radiator tubes. Try googling it. Never know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Z

Zachohs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
ok, do y'all also know if there is a cover to cover up the engine a little bit, to keep the clean look with an aftermarket CAI, kind of like the hemi branded resonator box that comes on them stock that keeps it looking clean?

BlackedOutHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 & 2012
Engine
5.7L HEMI & 6.7L Cummins
There are cais that are enclosed boxes. But I think cais look better than the stock air box in the engine bay anyways.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stangshcky12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
A wheel/turbine to power the LED?
I personally wouldn't want anything inside of the intake that could be sucked and and it would probably kill what ever efficiency you would pick up

wermbang

Reaction score
Ram Year
2001 Off Road
Engine
5.9L V8 Sport
what about a LED computer fan?

truckin151

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 sport
Engine
Not for in the intake tube. If you are going to do something like this it almost be better to get two tubes, one slightly bigger than the other, fab up an end cap for the two that would seal off the space between them and stick the LED's in the end caps, then wire it up in the engine bay or wire it to the plug for the hood light, so whenever the hood is raised the LED's pop on.

truckin151

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 sport
Engine
ok, do y'all also know if there is a cover to cover up the engine a little bit, to keep the clean look with an aftermarket CAI, kind of like the hemi branded resonator box that comes on them stock that keeps it looking clean?

Are you talking about the cover that cover up pretty much everything under the hood or just the top of the engine where the hemi hat is? I have seen some that bolt on to the valver covers I believe that hid everything to the sides of the engine, mainly see them on cars though. Otherwise there are CAI like the Vararam that cover the whole top of the engine (still need to get mine painted)

OP
OP
Z

Zachohs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
or, you know how they have those flashlights that are powered by shaking, you could always have one of those systems except smaller and have it powered that way