LMC Steering Shaft

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mop

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hi all,

My search didn't find what I was looking for.
My '99 Sport has a loose UV joint in the steering shaft. I know LMC has a "factory" replacement, and a heavy duty one. They don't show what company makes the heavy duty one. I asked them.
I want to make sure it's not a Borgeson. Has anyone installed this heavy duty shaft, and do you know if it is a Borgeson? And while you're here, would you recommend this beefier shaft?

Thanks.

OP
OP
Mop

Mop

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
With all the steering issues, I'm surprised no one has tried the LMC shaft.
I ordered one, I'll update on whether or not it's worth it.

OP
OP
Mop

Mop

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
UPDATE:
the shaft arrived. For anyone considering this shaft, it is NOT a Borgeson. Looks like one, though. It does NOT have set screws, it closes around the gear box, and steering shaft, and tightens with Allen-head screws, similar to the way a stock replacement attaches with bolts.
It is heavy duty, no doubt. The only setback is, no Rag Joint. Direct attachment.
I like it, but I will decide if I want to install it without a Rag Joint, or go with Stock Replacement.