Lock in/out hubs on 2014 Ram 2500 4x4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I haven't tried them but am definitely interested. I had no idea these existed!

loveracing1988

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
There is no point. The 2500's got a front axle disconnect in 2014 and the 3500's got it in 2013. Dynatrac has had their free spin kit out for years now although it is quite pricy. Also the aam 9.25 is not even remotely a carry over from the Dana 60.

OP
OP
Donelam304

Donelam304

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 6.4
Here is the email I got from the company. Wow. Talking about pricy...

We are having a hard time keeping up. The demand has exploded. We have shipped to dealers for install.......1695.00....10 day ship....just had one like yours..told us about ford cover number.

Wayne Brown
THE BRAKE EXPERT
INNOVATION,** NEW MEETS OLD
www.theramman.com
817-691-5996

Michael stanger

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4l
i actually ham a set of ram man lockout on my 2019 PW. make a huge difference on handling and i believe will also extend life of oem ball joints, also made note able impact on fuel consumption. would highly recommend if u have the cash to spend

62Blazer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
i actually ham a set of ram man lockout on my 2019 PW. make a huge difference on handling and i believe will also extend life of oem ball joints, also made note able impact on fuel consumption. would highly recommend if u have the cash to spend
I'm curious as to how lock out hubs make a difference in handling and ball joint life? I've had several trucks with manual lock out hubs and could never feel a difference in handling with them locked in or out. There is no change in geometry or stress on the ball joints. I do agree that they can have some affect on fuel economy but it's fairly small.......I think it would take a long time to recoup the $2,000 purchase price in gas savings.

crazy jerry

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'm curious as to how lock out hubs make a difference in handling and ball joint life? I've had several trucks with manual lock out hubs and could never feel a difference in handling with them locked in or out. There is no change in geometry or stress on the ball joints. I do agree that they can have some affect on fuel economy but it's fairly small.......I think it would take a long time to recoup the $2,000 purchase price in gas savings.

lol i also have to call into question the validity of his claims. regarding ball joints, i see no different one way or the other with manual hubs. maybe he meant the steering ujoints ? those sometimes fail with manual hubs because they sit idle for very long extended periods, often times it can be years. since only the shafts and spiders are being driven, i think the fuel mileage saving with manual hubs would be less than negligable. the huge difference in handling , i think that just boils down to the drivers perception of what 'huge difference' meens. personally i cant imagine it making much difference