Long term storage RAM Cummins

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CDN Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Laramie
Engine
6.7L CTD
As a member of the military I have been posted out of country and was unable to bring my 2014 RAM Cummins to my new post. This assignment is only 3 years long, and to sell the 2014 RAM with only 40K on it, I would have taken to big a loss. As such the decision was made to store it, it's been sitting in a climate control storage facility since 21 Sep 2019 with a battery tender on it. Prior to going into storage it was seen by RAM and gone over front to back, all old DEF drained and only 1 gallon put in it, washed, waxed and a full tank of new stabilized fuel put in the tank. It will be pulled out in a couple of months (May ish) by my brother in law and be sent back to RAM for a full check up, have the DEF drained again replaced with one new gallon, and have an oil change, my brother in law will drive it to burn all of the old fuel so new stabilized fuel can be put back in the tank prior to going back into storage. My question is do I leave it in storage again till next spring (1 whole year) or have my brother in law take it back out in the fall prior to winter and have the DEF changed yet again and a new tank of fuel. Thoughts and reasoning please.

What would you have done to it when it's out? Right now my brother in law has been told to run or move every control, to work any actuator or motors. anything else you can think of that I should have done?

it of course will be washed and waxed again prior to going back.

BossHogg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Sounds to me you have the bases covered. I would place a cover over the exhaust outlet to keep critters from entering and nesting. Also, inflate the tires to 80 PSI and park the truck on a surface that won't wick moisture from the tires, like plywood.

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
^^^ what he said.
I was going to mention about inflating all the tires to 80 psi or put the truck up on jack stands to keep the tires from flat spotting.