Long Time Ford Owner making the switch!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wifi_guy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 I6 Cummins HO Turbo Diesel
Good Morning,

After some deliberation I pulled the trigger on a 2021 3500 6.7 HO Mega Cab! I am a little nervous since I have pretty much been a Ford guy my whole life. Currently I have an F450 long box. I am pretty sure I am going to miss the extra room in the box, but I am hoping the extra room in the cab will make up for that. We'll see. I am REALLY looking forward to the interior. Dodge really has surpassed pretty much everyone in that department. The 12" U Connect Screen is going to be impressive!

The truck is 10 weeks out right now from factory. I am a little bummed there. But, I'll need a tonneau cover. I was considering going with this one. https://rollnlock.com/e-series/2021/ram/3500

Anyone know or have any experience with these? I am wondering how they hold up?

OC455

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018, 2019
Engine
5.7 Hemi Big Horn, 6.4L Hemi 3500 Longhorn Mega cab
You'll love the Mega Cab. I do!!! The tonneau cover is pretty sweet. Dont have experience with that one. I only ever used the tri-fold Mopar one.

OP
OP
wifi_guy

wifi_guy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks! I am pretty pumped. I went with the Larmie but souped it up. Probably should have just went with the BigHorn. Sticker is over 86K, getting into from deal for 82K. I'll post some pictures when I get it!

HEMIMANN

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 2500 Laramie Crew Cab
Engine
6.4L HEMI
Don't worry. I was a "Chevy guy" for a long time before they made the 5.3L oil pumper engine. Got so pissed I went with a Ram and haven't looked back since. A buddy did too.

Jetact

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 HO
After being a Ford owner for 38 years I made the switch. My last 3 trucks have all been F350's but after seeing the interior and engine capabilities I had to give it a try. I have had my 3500 Limited for 5 months and love it. Plenty of power to tow heavy loads with the Cummins and it is very nicely appointed inside. I am sold

rule18

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Rebel
Welcome to RamForum. The waiting is definitely the hardest part. You might want to edit your Engine type in your profile to read Cummins rather than Cummings. The diesel guys get picky about such things... :happy175:

OP
OP
wifi_guy

wifi_guy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
How in the world do you update the Engine type? It allows me to change the location but not the Engine type?

rule18

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Rebel
How in the world do you update the Engine type? It allows me to change the location but not the Engine type?
I'm guessing you found it in Personal details on your Profile page? I see it's been changed.

OP
OP
wifi_guy

wifi_guy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I just figured it out. Kind of hidden. Whoop whoop!

Can anyone recommend some good mud flaps? Assuming the truck won't come with them from factory?

OC455

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018, 2019
Engine
I just figured it out. Kind of hidden. Whoop whoop!

Can anyone recommend some good mud flaps? Assuming the truck won't come with them from factory?

I put Weather Techs on mine. They fit great and no drilling. Uses factory bolt locations. Unless you gt the Mopar ones, there are other brands that folks standby here too.

OP
OP
wifi_guy

wifi_guy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I've owned a couple of Weather Tech products and they make good stuff. I've mainly owned floor mats. My buddy got Weather Tech's for his F350 and they didn't fit right. But I believe he ordered the wrong ones. His truck doesn't have the wheel well flairs and that's the version he had purchase. Dumb a$$.

I am pricing out the Limited and Longhorn's right now. I think starting with the Larmie and upgrading it to the hills I think might cost more. LOL. I might have screwed myself just to get the Larmie grill. :(

OP
OP
wifi_guy

wifi_guy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Correction, did not pay more, but I also didn't get the Limited Steering wheel which is what I was hoping for. Hmmmmmmmm.

OC455

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018, 2019
Engine
Correction, did not pay more, but I also didn't get the Limited Steering wheel which is what I was hoping for. Hmmmmmmmm.

Yeah, the Limited/Longhorn wood/leather steering wheels are pretty nice. Really love mine.

OP
OP
wifi_guy

wifi_guy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Called my sales rep last night. Changed to the Limited. There were a couple of features (fit and finish) you just don't get otherwise. Now, I am hoping the order can be modified.