Longhorn in Australia.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dawgcentral

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Some think I'm absolutely crazy and some cannot wait to see it. Its hard to say how different the RAM will be here. It will be a head turner. I have personalised plates for it to stand out more ("RAM-000").

I've chatted to a few guys that I've seen with F Trucks (one this morning) and they said they that they always get rude notes under wipers and people sticking fingers up at them but they wouldn't change car if paid. There are a couple F Trucks around here, but they are also REALLY rare... most costing $135,000 USD.

There is there usual "You will ruin the environment". But they tend to drive sedans that in the end aren't much better on fuel. Plus I couldn't give 2 stuffs what these people think.

Those who bag it, I think are jealous. Not necessarily of the truck, but of the idea of a project of this size.

This will be the first 2500 I've seen here. I saw a 3500 in January which sparked my interest.

In the end, most people think the weirdest part is that I've never sat in or driven one.

People flipping you off and leaving notes on windshields really gets under my skin. I wonder if these folks have any idea how industry and commerce operate? How do they think building materials get moved? Do they believe we can have rail lines and canals built to haul and float freight to every location?

I like a pristine environment as much as anyone, that's why we choose to vacation and spend time in national parks. But I'm a realist. These folks that talk a big environmental game without thinking need to be assigned their own cave, given some candles and some fire starter, start plowing with a mule. In two weeks they'll be wishing they had your truck.:mad3:

USMC1188

Reaction score
Ram Year
None
Engine
Truckless...
Wow Congrats, that is a beautiful truck! I understand the excitement, I would be absolutely thrilled, especially after waiting as long as you have so far.

How is the availability of Diesel there? I would think it wouldn't be too bad with many of the newer "eco-friendly" cars going to diesel, but just curious. Also, how much do you pay a gallon for it?

OP
OP
baff

baff

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7 TD
How is the availability of Diesel there? I would think it wouldn't be too bad with many of the newer "eco-friendly" cars going to diesel, but just curious. Also, how much do you pay a gallon for it?

LOTS of diesel cars here.... and has been for ages. Australia accepted diesel cars a lot more than the US so every gas station has lots of diesel. In fact there is MUCH of Australia (Outback etc) that only sells diesel, or at least thats the thing they have the most. If your to drive around Australia, its a diesel car you want in my opinion.

As far as cost for diesel. I'll try and convert.

We pay $1.40 USD per litre.

Thats $5.7USD per Gallon.

That said, We live away from the city so we have 65mile /hour roads everywhere and all I do is drive to a station... so we don't do HUGE miles.

OP
OP
baff

baff

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7 TD
Here are the first of the right hand conversion photos. Just got them a few hours ago from the factory.

image-8.jpg

Looking a little bare inside !

image-2-1.jpg

Vendor
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Laramie Sport Crew, 2019 1500 Big Horn Sport Crew & 2016 Charger SRT Hellcat
Engine
2x 5.7L & 6.2L
oh holy ****. LOL

Musclemckeester

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
Wow! Is there a dealer there that will uphold your warranty or did you have to sacrifice that?

I don't blame you on being excited, that's an awesome truck!

OP
OP
baff

baff

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7 TD
Wow, it's gorgeous. But I'd only buy it if I had a wallet the size of Bill Gates .

I'm just lucky that my last 4wd held its value BIG TIME. I purchased that in 2007 for $55000 and sold it a few months ago for $1000 less. Cars here = lot more expensive.

USMC1188

Reaction score
Ram Year
None
Engine
Truckless...
Holy ****! They are goin all out on that thing

OP
OP
baff

baff

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7 TD
Holy ****! They are goin all out on that thing
They certainly are. Probably not many people have seen a 2011 Ram in this condition.

Hopefully more photos next week.

garner

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Wow! Can't wait to see it all finished!

I'm gonna guess incomes over there are a lot higher also to keep up with the higher cost?

OP
OP
baff

baff

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7 TD
Wow! Can't wait to see it all finished!

I'm gonna guess incomes over there are a lot higher also to keep up with the higher cost?

I think your right.

Cars are REALLY expensive in comparison to US. You won't be much of an SUV for under $55-60K. Any Merc or BMW is into the $100+

My wife REALLy wants a Porsche Cayenne one day but they are VERY expensive here.

OP
OP
baff

baff

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7 TD
Just got an update.

Truck should be ready in 3 weeks ! See below for latest photo

5474-putting-all-back-together.jpeg

5475-soon-steering-wheel-will-correct-side.jpeg

Tyrant

Reaction score
Ram Year
'12CC / '15RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
thats awesome seeing the progression of work, alot of work is going into it.

its been a wait for you, but its gonna be well worth it.

apepe0738

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Ram 2500 Crew Cab 4x4
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I just noticed the 4 wheel drive selector is in its original spot. I would have thought that they would have swapped that over with everything else. Not too big of a deal, but you gotta reach over the center console to select it.

OP
OP
baff

baff

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7 TD
I just noticed the 4 wheel drive selector is in its original spot. I would have thought that they would have swapped that over with everything else. Not too big of a deal, but you gotta reach over the center console to select it.

I noticed the same thing. Cause it was the 4wd selector I wasn't too concerned... but did seem weird to me.

Will be interesting to see if the car "looks" changed or if everything is put back neatly. More photos this week.

Vendor
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Laramie Sport Crew, 2019 1500 Big Horn Sport Crew & 2016 Charger SRT Hellcat
Engine
2x 5.7L & 6.2L
that would drive me bonkers. dont' need a electric outlet deal next to you......need the 4x4 switch.