Looking for a 2019, questions....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jared4.7

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Bighorn CC
Engine
Hey gents (and ladies). Im looking at upgrading from my 2017. I have 19 envy!!! Bighorn/Lonestar is the package I am looking at. Im considering venturing away from the 20" wheels that Ive had on all my other Rams. I found one in my color choice, Granite Crystal and has the painted 18's on it. It has the 25Z, LED lighting package, 7" cluster, full-length console, missing the locking rear though.... Anyway, question I have is this. Did Ram stop using the 44-44 or is still the t-case of choice? I do miss the 44-45 I had in my old Express to be honest. Last question, are the LED headlights/fogs worth a crap?

JD Martin

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The LED headlights are pretty cool. I would have liked to have had them on mine but the packages that I wanted, the truck didn't have them and it wasn't important enough to get a different truck. I have fogs and they're decent. Not as good as the fogs in my Titan but I think they serve the purpose.

Can't answer your other question, but I definitely prefer 18" wheels over 20s. I personally think 20s look dumb without enough sidewall to balance the wheel, and what I saw on the factory wheels made the truck look hoopty.

Gottabdcheese

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi w/etorque
Having the same debate about LED lights. Price seems a little steep so I’ll likely opt against them.

RAMVT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The new 1500s come with either the BW 48-12 (high and low) or the BW 48-11 (auto, high and low)

OP
OP
Jared4.7

Jared4.7

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Bighorn CC
Engine
Having the same debate about LED lights. Price seems a little steep so I’ll likely opt against them.
Reading over what Crash68 posted it seems like they suck compared to the good 'ol halogens
Doesnt seem they cared for the output of the LED headlights.

The new 1500s come with either the BW 48-12 (high and low)- or the BW 48-11 (auto, high and low)
I would guess the 48-11 functions pretty much the same as my 44-44 auto does. Guess I need to to a bit more reading. I may look at more trucks without the LED package.

Is this e-torque mess worth a crap or is that another thing I should shy away from? Seems a bit like a disaster to me.

swargo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
The LED package is very nice to have. I have a Laramie, so it wasn't an added cost but I would have absolutely paid the extra cost had I went with the Bighorn. My previous two vehicles were Ram trucks with the stock projector housings & halogen bulbs and the gap between those and the LED headlights is huge. The LED fogs expand this improvement by illuminating the peripheral areas better than any fog light I have ever had.

Mprisco10

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Just picked up BigHorn/Lonestar last week. It came with the LED's. I'm liking them :)

RAMVT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My truck has the 48-11. My old 4th gen had the 44-45 so I can't really compare the two. Ive used 4-Auto and 4-High probably a dozen times each so far. Zero issues.