Looking for MaxCare Warranty

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zeddy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I'm looking into getting the lifetime maxcare warranty for my ram. i checked out two websites they are:

Chryslerwarrantys.com, wants $3136 for maxcare for life with $100 deductible.

Chryslerfactoryplans.com, wants $2630 for the same thing. (MaxCare, lifetime, $100 deductible).

The price difference is substantial. Has anyone bought from there? are they both directly from chrysler or are they middlemen?

7777xm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The second one, they are the ones I bought from before. They're all the same plan but this one sells and so much volume that they are able to offer it much cheaper.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

baum

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If i remember correctly both are through chrysler dealers also.

ColdCase

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Those are Chrysler dealers, only a dealer can sell the Chrysler backed plan.

For reference, I purchased a lifetime maxcare $100 deductible from Clay Robins, zellermotors for $2430 about 6 weeks ago. I think there has been a price increase since then. This is the same Chrysler plan all dealers sell.

email [email protected] as has been mentioned here often and most get a pretty good deal there.

Last edited:
OP
OP
zeddy

zeddy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Those are Chrysler dealers, only a dealer can sell the Chrysler backed plan.

For reference, I purchased a lifetime maxcare $100 deductible from Clay Robins, zellermotors for $2430 about 6 weeks ago. I think there has been a price increase since then. This is the same Chrysler plan all dealers sell.

email [email protected] as has been mentioned here often and most get a pretty good deal there.

cool thanks.... i'll give him a try.

BaghRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Chryslerfactoryplans.com is legit. I have bought warrantys from Zieglers before and have had zero problems.

Hans Gruber

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I bought mine from factory plans. If you're worried, they're legit, my plan is registered with MOPAR's site and shows up when visiting dealer, etc.

Call them up and ask them for their best price (e.g., are they running any promotions). They might give you a promo code for another 100 or 200 off but it's going to be pretty close to what they offer on site (if there is a discount at all).

I'm taking my truck in for AC service tomorrow. I get a free car rental from dealer because of plan, which is nice (I think this expires along with trip interruption at 7 years for lifetime plan). Some dealers give loners but many do not. A nice perk.

As to whether to buy it, I'm a bit mixed on whether this is a good deal. I have a strong feeling that FIAT will go bankrupt again but this is mostly because of my extremely pessimistic outlook on economy in general. If they go bankrupt, we lose out.

But even with this outlook, I think it's a good gamble. As long as the repair costs less than NADA value, they have to fix the car or truck. Of course, there is room to quibble about what is natural "wear" versus what is a "defect" in mfging process. And bad faith denials will increase if they're in a financial squeeze. But I still think it's a solid roll of dice if you plan to keep truck for a long while. Just know it might not be as smooth as a process as we all hope.

baum

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
keep in mind that warranties are negotiable and that your local dealer may match the price so they get the sale. the only difference with doing it now vs when you bought the truck is cant roll it into your loan

MR.Z06

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
keep in mind that warranties are negotiable and that your local dealer may match the price so they get the sale. the only difference with doing it now vs when you bought the truck is cant roll it into your loan

Holy hell man. NO way am I paying interest on an extended warranty. You have up to a year and 12,000 miles to buy the plan. It's only about $2600 and if you can't scrape that together in a year then perhaps you shouldn't be buying a new truck.

Hans Gruber

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

Maybe the dealer I bought from was not honest, but they apparently couldn't come close to matching the online warranty dealers.

All I would say is that if you get the local dealer to match, make sure it's an actual match and they don't slip you into the lower tier plan (the 800 part one, whatever that is called).

KCaudill

The RAM
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I bought mine at the dealer. At 1st they wouldnt sell it to me. I work for a company that sells to Dodge (FCA) and he had a customer service guy call me. Told him about the problems with buy the warranty. I received a call the next day from the finance manager asking me to come in so i can purchase the warranty. Long story short, I bought it through the dealer for 250 less than the site offered.

[email protected]

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Sport
Engine
Hemi 5.7
New here, I just bought my 2014 1500 QC Truck 2 months ago and now has 37835 miles on it. Can I still purchase a warranty that's good for anything? Thanks guys!

baum

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
New here, I just bought my 2014 1500 QC Truck 2 months ago and now has 37835 miles on it. Can I still purchase a warranty that's good for anything? Thanks guys!

google chrysler warranties you may or may not i dont know but they can tell you. its a dealer that sells in mass so they discount the hell out of it

Jerry1984

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Back in October 2014 when I bought mine the dealer price matched the online quote I gave him.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joey93