Looking for quality LED 9005’s for highbeams in OE Premium Projector headlights.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
corneileous

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram 1500 Limited 4X4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have Auxito leds in all 3 of my vehicles including fogs. They are great. Only issue is my Dart shows a low beam out indicator even with the resistors installed. I live with it for the high output. I do know in my Ram though I couldn't fit the 20,000 lumen. Had to go with the 16,000 lumens.
Which ones do you have and do you have the quad reflectors or the premium projectors?

healthyrx

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500 Sport Night
Engine
5.7 Hemi
That's why I love those lasfit ones I got, 5k true white, no blueish or yellowish to them...just flat out white ... you can see them on my avatar, I also put them in my fogs lol .... I could drive just with my fogs if I wanted to ..but the tinted windshield makes it a little hard lol
Are you using the LASFIT bulbs in Hi, low and fog lights?
I just tried to go to HID and my kit that showed up didnt work out of the box so I am looking for other non HID options

RedSRT4Me

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 CC Sport
Engine
Morimoto HID 5000k bulb lows
Morimoto LED Fogs. Yellow Lamin-X.

20221111_202318.jpg

Morimoto LED 2.0 Brights.
Projector shields dropped.

20221111_202350.jpg

Attachments

• 20221111_202350.jpg
    20221111_202350.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 1
  • 20221111_202318.jpg
    20221111_202318.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 2

danielmid

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Sport 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Morimoto HID 5000k bulb lows
Morimoto LED Fogs. Yellow Lamin-X.

Morimoto LED 2.0 Brights.
Projector shields dropped.
Man those fogs have a kinda disappointing output level, is that how it looks in person?

OP
OP
corneileous

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Man those fogs have a kinda disappointing output level, is that how it looks in person?
I don’t know for sure but I would say it’s pretty safe to say that their coverage being projected out on the ground is going to be a lot different than when they’re not being projected at the garage door but if you think about it, those yellow fog lights aren’t really supposed to be all super duper bright because aside from not creating dangerous glare to oncoming traffic, they’re more less designed to not necessarily cut through the fog but not blind you the driver as bad from the reflection of the yellow light from the water molecules.

Mountaineer83

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Which ones do you have and do you have the quad reflectors or the premium projectors?
I have the projectors in mine. I used Auxito 9005; 80w and 16,000 lumen, 6500k color. They actually fit under the dust cover. My truck took the H10 fog lights. It told me the wrong ones on the website. I'd pull a fog and verify before ordering.

OP
OP
corneileous

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have the projectors in mine. I used Auxito 9005; 80w and 16,000 lumen, 6500k color. They actually fit under the dust cover. My truck took the H10 fog lights. It told me the wrong ones on the website. I'd pull a fog and verify before ordering.
Do you have a link? I’m not finding anything in a 9005 that’s I’m assuming 80 watts and 16k lumen between the pair. I did however find these that are I guess 30 watts a piece and 6,000 lumen each. Found these too but they’re 26watts/6,000K per bulb. They only had just one other set like those but I didn’t provide a link to them because they’re way too bright anyways at 10,000 lumen per bulb which I’m pretty sure would screw with my auto highbeams but speaking of auto highbeams- since you have the premium projectors, do you have that feature in your truck and if you do, do they play hell with it?

danielmid

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Sport 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I put these DDM leds in my projectors, I have the auto high beam but have not had a chance to test it yet. I'll try tonight. Side note, I can't 100% recommend these leds as they don't clock to (at least what I could find is the recommended clock) 3 and 9 in the high beam projector location, so I have them at 12 and 6.

OP
OP
corneileous

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I put these DDM leds in my projectors, I have the auto high beam but have not had a chance to test it yet. I'll try tonight. Side note, I can't 100% recommend these leds as they don't clock to (at least what I could find is the recommended clock) 3 and 9 in the high beam projector location, so I have them at 12 and 6.
I’d be interested in reading how those play with your auto highbeams being that those are 6500 lumen each but then again, what do you have in your low beam projectors? If whatever you have in your low beam projectors is pretty bright themselves and if your auto high beams don’t work how they’re supposed to then there’s really no way to say that it’s because of your highbeams or because of both your high beams and your lowbeams.

But I’m confused when you say high beam projectors because if you’re using the OE premium projectors, you should only have a projector for your low beam and an open reflector for your high-beam but if you do in fact have these bulbs in your open reflector high beams, how is it they’re not clocked correctly if these bulbs being that they have the right angle connector and that they’re not adjustable, aren’t clocked correctly? So far out of all the bulbs I’ve looked at, all the ones that have the right angle connector like a regular halogen 9005 bulb are the ones that you can’t adjust but the ones that have the cable coming out of them are the ones that have the little allen screws for you to set them however they need to be.

danielmid

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Sport 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I’d be interested in reading how those play with your auto highbeams being that those are 6500 lumen each but then again, what do you have in your low beam projectors? If whatever you have in your low beam projectors is pretty bright themselves and if your auto high beams don’t work how they’re supposed to then there’s really no way to say that it’s because of your highbeams or because of both your high beams and your lowbeams.

But I’m confused when you say high beam projectors because if you’re using the OE premium projectors, you should only have a projector for your low beam and an open reflector for your high-beam but if you do in fact have these bulbs in your open reflector high beams, how is it they’re not clocked correctly if these bulbs being that they have the right angle connector and that they’re not adjustable, aren’t clocked correctly? So far out of all the bulbs I’ve looked at, all the ones that have the right angle connector like a regular halogen 9005 bulb are the ones that you can’t adjust but the ones that have the cable coming out of them are the ones that have the little allen screws for you to set them however they need to be.

Low beams are Morimoto 5000k 35w HIDs.

And I definitely don't remember typing projector in that sentence lol, it's a reflector for the high beam. Those bulbs are adjustable/clockable, but only 180, so it doesn't change the aim of the leds. I'm really not sure what the thought process of the designers was with this.

danielmid

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Sport 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7

I just got frustrated thinking about the design and ordered some S v.4 leds from here

OP
OP
corneileous

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Low beams are Morimoto 5000k 35w HIDs.
How bright are those? I’m not sure what brand or lumen the HID’s I had were, I bought them from that company Vanquish Auto but they were pretty bright.
Those bulbs are adjustable/clockable, but only 180, so it doesn't change the aim of the leds. I'm really not sure what the thought process of the designers was with this.
So how are they clockable if they don’t have the recessed Allen head set screws? I figured that, being that they’re like a regular halogen bulb with the right-angle connector that there was only one way to twist them in.

danielmid

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Sport 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
How bright are those? I’m not sure what brand or lumen the HID’s I had were, I bought them from that company Vanquish Auto but they were pretty bright.

So how are they clockable if they don’t have the recessed Allen head set screws? I figured that, being that they’re like a regular halogen bulb with the right-angle connector that there was only one way to twist them in.

2,800-3,500lm according to the specs. I'm happy with them, my previous set up was a bit more white, these are a bit more on the OEM appearance side. Bright enough for me, but second guessing not going with 55w ballasts instead for just a bit more light.

The DDM leds have the set screws, but the recessed notches for the screws to go in to are only 180 apart, no other notches. So not 360 clockable like some.

OP
OP
corneileous

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
2,800-3,500lm according to the specs. I'm happy with them, my previous set up was a bit more white, these are a bit more on the OEM appearance side. Bright enough for me, but second guessing not going with 55w ballasts instead for just a bit more light.
So did you try your auto-highbeams? If you didn’t, it’s cool, I don’t really think it matters because it sounds like the setup I had with the HID’s in the lowbeam projectors and the LED’s I had in my highbeams is probably pretty close to the setup you have and I pretty much just had to not use my auto-HB’s because between the brightness of both my un-shuttered lowbeams and highbeams together, the reflections off even the little reflective tabs on guardrails would make the lights dim.

Hopefully a set of just LED highbeams won’t do that- at least not as bad.
The DDM leds have the set screws, but the recessed notches for the screws to go in to are only 180 apart, no other notches. So not 360 clockable like some.
Oh ok, I was thinking the set screws didn’t have to thread into a specific alignment hole in order to clock them where they need to be and if I’m not mistaken, the LED 9005 bulbs I had in my highbeams and the LED 9006 bulbs I had in my fog lights where made to where you could clock them in any position.

But when you say these bulbs need to be clocked at 3 and 9, you mean the LED’s need to be facing 3 and 9, correct?

RedSRT4Me

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 CC Sport
Engine

6/12 is no good
20221118_212910.jpg

danielmid

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Sport 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So did you try your auto-highbeams? If you didn’t, it’s cool, I don’t really think it matters because it sounds like the setup I had with the HID’s in the lowbeam projectors and the LED’s I had in my highbeams is probably pretty close to the setup you have and I pretty much just had to not use my auto-HB’s because between the brightness of both my un-shuttered lowbeams and highbeams together, the reflections off even the little reflective tabs on guardrails would make the lights dim.

Hopefully a set of just LED highbeams won’t do that- at least not as bad.

Oh ok, I was thinking the set screws didn’t have to thread into a specific alignment hole in order to clock them where they need to be and if I’m not mistaken, the LED 9005 bulbs I had in my highbeams and the LED 9006 bulbs I had in my fog lights where made to where you could clock them in any position.

But when you say these bulbs need to be clocked at 3 and 9, you mean the LED’s need to be facing 3 and 9, correct?
I split out of work early today and it was actually light outside so I didn't get a chance today. It does sound like a similar setup, although before when I had the hid low and halogen high the auto high worked fine.

This DDM led bulb has specific holes for the set screws, I think other brands are different.

Yeah, the led modules are recommended to face 3/9 o'clock inside the housing for max hotspot focus and all that.

Mountaineer83

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Do you have a link? I’m not finding anything in a 9005 that’s I’m assuming 80 watts and 16k lumen between the pair. I did however find these that are I guess 30 watts a piece and 6,000 lumen each. Found these too but they’re 26watts/6,000K per bulb. They only had just one other set like those but I didn’t provide a link to them because they’re way too bright anyways at 10,000 lumen per bulb which I’m pretty sure would screw with my auto highbeams but speaking of auto highbeams- since you have the premium projectors, do you have that feature in your truck and if you do, do they play hell with it?
I do not have the auto high beam. But I got my set from Amazon.

AUXITO 9005 LED Bulbs, Mini Sized, CanBus Ready, 80W 16,000 Lumens 500% Brighter 9005 HB3 LED Light Bulb Conversion Kit, 6500K Xenon White, Pack of 2 https://a.co/d/eP4PrOj