Looking For Ram OBD Adapter Cable Set

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Matty B

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I’m on the hunt for a Ram OBD adapter cable set, but need the Blue adapter in particular at the moment. Does anyone have a suggestion on which would be a good brand to buy or where to purchase from? Any help on the topic would be greatly appreciated.

thank you
Matt

ajairola

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I’m on the hunt for a Ram OBD adapter cable set, but need the Blue adapter in particular at the moment. Does anyone have a suggestion on which would be a good brand to buy or where to purchase from? Any help on the topic would be greatly appreciated.

thank you
Matt

The OBDLink MX is the recommended OBD adapter as it can automatically switch between canbuses. I personally have this adapter which has a manual switch to go between High Speed and Mid Speed Can Bus.

OP
OP
M

Matty B

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Thanks. I have the OBDlink MX+, but I’m after the adapter cables so I can program HVAC, etc. The one I’m after is the blue cable, but would like to get a set of its reasonably priced.

thanks
Matt

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks. I have the OBDlink MX+, but I’m after the adapter cables so I can program HVAC, etc. The one I’m after is the blue cable, but would like to get a set of its reasonably priced.

thanks
Matt
Are you referring to connecting to the modules with the little adapter icon next to them in alfaobd?

The obd mx and mx+ can do that without the need for the wiring adapter. They can pin switch on the fly so the connection to the different can bus happens automatically.

a7017b4fcce58e630f0e20c43da7faf7.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

OP
OP
M

Matty B

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have have tried with just the Mx+ & it was unsuccessful & had cluster alarms going off (traction control & TPMS). Am I doing something wrong in preparing to adjust the HVAC settings? Any help is appreciated.

thanks
Matt